Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] As our team can't win - what were your victories today?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I drive down from Essex, usually parking at Wild Park. Got caught behind the accident so 50 minutes from Pyecombe to A27, knew I wouldn't get a space at Wild Park, headed for Woodingdean. parked up.

Win one.
Lovely downland views walking to the ground.

Got back to my car at 6pm

Win two.
Listened to the whole of Stereo Underground on the way back, using Radio Sussex, Surrey and Kent.
Not the worst playlist in the world:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0bmm0xv

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Moved all the logs we had delivered into our Log Store

Watched the Sweaties getting stuffed in the 6 Nations

Watched us edging out the Taffs in the 6 Nations

Thats about it...

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
My ticket sold on the ticket exchange and I didn't make the 300 mile round trip to witness that debacle in person for the second week in a row.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Town winning at Birmingham was a super bonus.

Leaving 10 minutes before the whistle- benefits…..no massive queue for mill hill bus…bus hammering up the hill without people reversing their cars and blocking the road…getting home at reasonable time so we can go out to la galleria In shoreham!

Btw only the second time I have ever left that early in my 48 years of watching us!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I've been negotiating with our local Council for a few months about the weekly bookings for the Walking Football Club of which I am Secretary.

Today opened an email from them agreeing that we can secure the booking we want on a permanent basis to be reviewed once a year. It means we don't have to keep rebooking every few weeks and running the risk of someone else pinching our slot.

In the spirit of the other posts on this thread I should say 1-0. But actually feels like at least 5-0 :clap:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Town winning at Birmingham was a super bonus.

Leaving 10 minutes before the whistle- benefits…..no massive queue for mill hill bus…bus hammering up the hill without people reversing their cars and blocking the road…getting home at reasonable time so we can go out to la galleria In shoreham!

Btw only the second time I have ever left that early in my 48 years of watching us!

Lovely that about Mill Road this evening.

Was 0-5 Bmuff the other?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
My dear old mum, suffering from covid, heart failure, chest infection and failing kidneys, in a hospital bed, gave me a smile over FaceTime. Their iPad was broken but one of the nurses used her own phone to call me. Thank you to her and the staff at RSCH who deal with so much sh*t.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pint of Jaipur in The Evening Star. Saveloy, chips and a pickled egg. After all the travel issues I had, and the shit performance, I am claiming a late victory.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My dear old mum, suffering from covid, heart failure, chest infection and failing kidneys, in a hospital bed, gave me a smile over FaceTime. Their iPad was broken but one of the nurses used her own phone to call me. Thank you to her and the staff at RSCH who deal with so much sh*t.

This puts a lot of the NSC winging in perspective.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I've been negotiating with our local Council for a few months about the weekly bookings for the Walking Football Club of which I am Secretary.

Today opened an email from them agreeing that we can secure the booking we want on a permanent basis to be reviewed once a year. It means we don't have to keep rebooking every few weeks and running the risk of someone else pinching our slot.

In the spirit of the other posts on this thread I should say 1-0. But actually feels like at least 5-0 :clap:

Albeit 5-0 a very slow steady pace.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The 17.59 Victoria train via Worthing pretty much got me home the same time as if the game had of kicked off at 3pm

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
The 17.59 Victoria train via Worthing pretty much got me home the same time as if the game had of kicked off at 3pm

This. I managed to time it perfectly to get the 13:01 from Shoreham before the game, and this train back after, both 12 carriages and tons of space.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here