Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As a youth, whats the thing you're proudest of doing?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I had a job when doing my 4 A-levels. College was a piece of piss, and I always had plenty of time to go out with mates, do my college work AND have a job.

This. Im doing 4 A levels and have just finished work (6am til 11am on saturdays), yes i have to get up early, but leaves me with 11 onwards to go out with mates etc, and luckily i've aranged that when we have certain away games i can finish early.
I can agree with those who say its difficult to get a job now for those my age while at college, but its not impossible. I used to referee on Sundays after playing my County games, kept me fit and £25 a match. All about being willing to take any job your offered imo.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
This. Im doing 4 A levels and have just finished work (6am til 11am on saturdays), yes i have to get up early, but leaves me with 11 onwards to go out with mates etc, and luckily i've aranged that when we have certain away games i can finish early.
I can agree with those who say its difficult to get a job now for those my age while at college, but its not impossible. I used to referee on Sundays after playing my County games, kept me fit and £25 a match. All about being willing to take any job your offered imo.

Absolutely, I work a couple of afternoons a week at the local cafe, and whilst not making me minted the £30 a week it gets me is more than enough to be going along with. I was lucky in that the cafe had work, but there are so many people my age who complain about not being able to get a job without properly looking.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not one for feeling proud but I get a great sense of achievement from a lot of things I've done. If I had to choose one thing though, it would be me and my brother both being the first from our family to go to university. And we did it back in the day when you needed 3 A levels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here