Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As a new bloke on here.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
I cannot believe the amount people moaning and moaning about different things about Falmer.

In all honesty I cant get my nut round it, I hope to God this forum is not read by the people who have slugged it out year after to year to make Falmer happen.

If its not narrow f***ing steps, or holes in the ground, or the burgers are rank, or beer runs out, if its none of that it has got to be the transport.

Cannot believe how f***ing short sighted people are being, its all BRAND new with staff who need to learn the ropes as they go, you cant have dress rehearsals for this.

Anyway if the powers at be at OUR football club do read this, I would like to thank you for providing us with a f***ing brilliant home, which I am utterly proud of AND making 99% of the fans overwhelmed with optimism, hope and pride.

Regards,

rockypaul

May 23, 2011
I cannot believe the amount people moaning and moaning about different things about Falmer.

In all honesty I cant get my nut round it, I hope to God this forum is not read by the people who have slugged it out year after to year to make Falmer happen.

If its not narrow f***ing steps, or holes in the ground, or the burgers are rank, or beer runs out, if its none of that it has got to be the transport.

Cannot believe how f***ing short sighted people are being, its all BRAND new with staff who need to learn the ropes as they go, you cant have dress rehearsals for this.

Anyway if the powers at be at OUR football club do read this, I would like to thank you for providing us with a f***ing brilliant home, which I am utterly proud of AND making 99% of the fans overwhelmed with optimism, hope and pride.

Regards,

Excellent Post, couldn't agree more

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Sid, The club have delivered a wonderful home which WE ARE ALL Proud of. the club is also at a cross roads as they want to expand to 30K ASAP, to do that they need feed back from us, the paying punter on things that can be improved to enable the planning to be straight forward, they can then resolve said issues. There is a fine line between everything being rosy and things not. For me I am very happy with all things and if things dont change then I will put up with it and enjoy the season. BUT we are entitled to say where some problems lie and for me its the transport away from the ground. They have to get this right ASAP otherwise its going to affect the planning application and if we the paying public dont let them know then nothing will happen.

for the record 4 of the higher risk catagory games this season are evening games. Leeds, Palarse, Cardiff and Millwall. If the transport is not sorted by then, then there will be bloodshed outside the ground which will be bad press that the club could do with out.

Established1982

Jul 30, 2011
Am also a new boy to NSC.. This is the first post I've really felt the need to respond to.

Genuinely have nothing to add - southern_sid has put it perfectly

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Sid, The club have delivered a wonderful home which WE ARE ALL Proud of. the club is also at a cross roads as they want to expand to 30K ASAP, to do that they need feed back from us, the paying punter on things that can be improved to enable the planning to be straight forward, they can then resolve said issues. There is a fine line between everything being rosy and things not. For me I am very happy with all things and if things dont change then I will put up with it and enjoy the season. BUT we are entitled to say where some problems lie and for me its the transport away from the ground. They have to get this right ASAP otherwise its going to affect the planning application and if we the paying public dont let them know then nothing will happen.

for the record 4 of the higher risk catagory games this season are evening games. Leeds, Palarse, Cardiff and Millwall. If the transport is not sorted by then, then there will be bloodshed outside the ground which will be bad press that the club could do with out.

This 100% and added rep..... Things have to be said on both sides! I have said before it's all about being "constructive" and the club will know what is, and what is whinging...

Always 2 sides to a story and many more opinions to boot.

I love our club and TB is our hero... He will not be disappointed with constructive feedback. He will want things to be as good as they possibly can for everyone's enjoyment..

I do agree about the unnecessary griping though. Some of it is embarrassing TBH.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
well said sid. so what if it takes me an extra half hour to get home . thats what happens when you have 20000 at a great stadium rather than 6000 at withdean. have you ever been to a match at wembley? people moan about beer at half time . there was no beer at half time at withdean. did they ever eat at withdean? it was disgusting .

maybe they are just JCL's

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011

Lighten up mate, just enjoy the ride.

High risk games are always gonna bring firms down, thats the why they are high risk and will be over policed.

If you fear that you may witness violence, then get your self in dicks bar for a pint, then order a taxi.

Or let me use your season ticket for the high risk games.:cheers:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Agree about small things. For instance, queuing for trains etc is always going to happen to some degree. But anything that affects the overall success of the stadium long term does need to be addressed. I can't believe for a minute that, having spent a fortune on the ground, the magnificent Tony Bloom will be disappointed with the more reasoned comments that have been made. Everyone's coming from the same angle - we all want the ground to be a fantastic success, long after the novelty has worn off.

D

Deleted member 18477

Sid you are fast becoming one of my favourite people on here! you don't f**k about! you tell it how it is! Which I enjoy!

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Sid you are fast becoming one of my favourite people on here! you don't f**k about! you tell it how it is! Which I enjoy!

Thanks, unfortunately I dont have the ability to 'soften' things, whichy maybe my downfall on here.

I have just sent a circular email to my work customer base explaining a price increase, i fear a busy afternoon.:eek:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Lighten up mate, just enjoy the ride.

High risk games are always gonna bring firms down, thats the why they are high risk and will be over policed.

If you fear that you may witness violence, then get your self in dicks bar for a pint, then order a taxi.

Or let me use your season ticket for the high risk games.:cheers:

Sid, I am so lightened up its silly, I cannot stop looking at videos and pics fo the first 2 games, I am like a kid in a free sweet shop, the place is fcuking amazing and i love it, I am 38 and i have not been this excited since I had a friends stag do in Las Vegas in 2002 and it turned out to be the USA Pagent Night at the same bar.

but...saying the high risk teams always bring a firm down is no good, the number of kids, little kids on that platform queing for a trian with dads is high, the last thing they want to see is it kicking off, which curently the potential is there to do.

But I agree 100% with your original post, there has been some shit feedback which is just bollox, as long as the feed back is constructive and in the long run going to benefit the club then its fine to make.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Sid, I am so lightened up its silly, I cannot stop looking at videos and pics fo the first 2 games, I am like a kid in a free sweet shop, the place is fcuking amazing and i love it, I am 38 and i have not been this excited since I had a friends stag do in Las Vegas in 2002 and it turned out to be the USA Pagent Night at the same bar.

but...saying the high risk teams always bring a firm down is no good, the number of kids, little kids on that platform queing for a trian with dads is high, the last thing they want to see is it kicking off, which curently the potential is there to do.

But I agree 100% with your original post, there has been some shit feedback which is just bollox, as long as the feed back is constructive and in the long run going to benefit the club then its fine to make.

A stag do in vegas, I think i would have had a little bit of piss in my pants on the morning of flying out.

Agreed on the violence, no kids like seeing that.

I also bet my bottom dollar firms will be wrapped up by police, high risk games they will be kept in i imagine.

Regards,

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I have only been once, v Donny, and stayed at the ground til 8pm, so had absolutely no problems leaving the ground.
If there are transport issues as Chucky1973 said, then the club certainly need to be aware of this, indeed i am sure they will be monitoring it but i am not sure that an open forum is the place to discuss it.

I can just see the NIMBY's printing off pages and pages from NSC and using them against the club when it comes to the planning application. "Look, even their fans dont think they can cope now, so there is no way they can cope with another 8000".

Having said that if it is likely to be dangerous in higher profile games then people certainly should have the right to air their concerns, maybe the club should put a section on their web-site for complaints and concerns.

However we have only had 3 games with a decent gate and it will take time to get things right, up here in Glasgow after games at Ibrox, the queues for the underground (and there are several stations you can use) can be very, very long but their is rarely trouble because it is well policed. Also there are literally hundreds of coaches to ferry people away from the ground, these are not run by the club, but by the various supporters associations. I dont know how many of these have been set up around Sussex, i know of Burwash, A21 and Mid Sussex i also saw a few coaches leaving from the Newhaven area on Saturday but maybe more of you need to get organised on this.

The club have done what they can imho, they have supplied a coach park, they have improved access to Falmer station, they are leaving the bars open in the concourse to encourage people to stay behind after the game, but if everyone decides to leave straight away afterwards and all try and get the first train home then there will be problems.

Maybe there should be a section on here with contact details for the various different supporters clubs, so people can get themselves booked on to coaches (i appologise if there already is one) and maybe the club could do the same with the official site.

At the end of the day it is up to every single person going to the Amex to help make it work, not just to complain about things and expect the club to put it right.

As for those complaining about the food, get a life, try visiting other clubs, you will soon see how good it is at the Amex.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull

Regards,

Problem with SOME posters on NSC is they think they have the only opinions that count..
You can see who they are just by looking at post counts....they feel they have to comment/moan on every thread.
These people are full of self importance, The club has openly said it dont like NSC...

The good thing is out of 22K at any game maybe only 5% post on NSC.

Personally I am loving Falmer.....

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Having said that if it is likely to be dangerous in higher profile games then people certainly should have the right to air their concerns, maybe the club should put a section on their web-site for complaints and concerns.

Good Idea......we dont complain about Tescos at Sainsburys......NSC might think it has a right to be heard BUT it is an open forum that can be posted on by anyone with a PC...

Open the comments on the club site and only allowed to post a Private complaint when using a fan number, this will show it is genuine..and not Anonomous

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I have only been once, v Donny, and stayed at the ground til 8pm, so had absolutely no problems leaving the ground.
If there are transport issues as Chucky1973 said, then the club certainly need to be aware of this, indeed i am sure they will be monitoring it but i am not sure that an open forum is the place to discuss it.

I can just see the NIMBY's printing off pages and pages from NSC and using them against the club when it comes to the planning application. "Look, even their fans dont think they can cope now, so there is no way they can cope with another 8000".

However we have only had 3 games with a decent gate and it will take time to get things right, up here in Glasgow after games at Ibrox, the queues for the underground (and there are several stations you can use) can be very, very long but their is rarely trouble because it is well policed. Also there are literally hundreds of coaches to ferry people away from the ground, these are not run by the club, but by the various supporters associations. I dont know how many of these have been set up around Sussex, i know of Burwash, A21 and Mid Sussex i also saw a few coaches leaving from the Newhaven area on Saturday but maybe more of you need to get organised on this.

The club have done what they can imho, they have supplied a coach park, they have improved access to Falmer station, they are leaving the bars open in the concourse to encourage people to stay behind after the game, but if everyone decides to leave straight away afterwards and all try and get the first train home then there will be problems.

Maybe there should be a section on here with contact details for the various different supporters clubs, so people can get themselves booked on to coaches (i appologise if there already is one) and maybe the club could do the same with the official site.

At the end of the day it is up to every single person going to the Amex to help make it work, not just to complain about things and expect the club to put it right.

As for those complaining about the food, get a life, try visiting other clubs, you will soon see how good it is at the Amex.

good sensible post. the ground is amazing and what the club are trying to do, with the good food and the bars and the concourses open after the game and the live games on the screens and the post match highlights and the special trains and coach parks etc etc etc is hugely progressive - does anybody know of any other ground in england that encourages their fans to stick around afterwards for a few beers? i don't. most clubs treat their fans like unwanted guests.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here