Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsey Stewards on Saturday

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
mrhairy said:
Exactly for the reasons outlined above. The second Taylor report demanded all seating, and stewards police, and the ground safety staff all did not perform. Therefore, now jobsworths have right on their side.

fact is a tradgedy like hillsboro would NEVER happen again even if there was 1 stand of terracing for "us lot"!!

policing and security is now much better and the hooigan element is drastically reducing.

the fans that like to stand are most of the people that make the numbers up going to chesterfield on a tues night, so why when the "golry hunters" come out does it mean they are the ones the clubs would most like to accommodate!
they are trying to drive away the people who used to love standing on terraces, surges when we scored etc.

the taylor report was a complete knee-jerk reaction which needs to be re-addresed!

:smokin:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
mrhairy said:
Exactly for the reasons outlined above. The second Taylor report demanded all seating, and stewards police, and the ground safety staff all did not perform. Therefore, now jobsworths have right on their side.

If standing is so essential why do you see fans standing in seated areas across europe. It smacks of a report from someone who hasn't got an idea of the fans needs and of the desire to push the game towards corporate entertainment and no passionate supporting etc. and away from people enjoying themselves.

The game is for the fans isn't it?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Its all about cash. They can charge more for seats. A large factor of the Hillsborough tragedy was fencing. Now the fencing has gone fans could safely stand. I do not think most hooligans would fight in the grounds these days because of cameras etc, its all about fleecing the fans for every penny, not our spontanious supporting needs

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
i would happily pay the same price for terracing!

(feel sorry for people who used to stand in the Kop at anfield and clock end at highbury etc, must be asolutely shit for them now having to sit down.

it is hard enough remembering the surges in the north stand!! - what a bloody shame!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here