Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If he bombs at Arsenal, which I don't think he will, and we bought him back, would we be partly paying ourselves the sell on?

I think in the Zaha deal, the sell-on went back to Palace. Hence one of the reasons they can't shift him, as 25% goes to Man Utd - hence Palace over value by (At least) 25%

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he bombs at Arsenal, which I don't think he will, and we bought him back, would we be partly paying ourselves the sell on?

In the unlikely event of him bombing at Arsenal I will wee-wee myself laughing.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Selling to the ESL clubs is great business at the moment as they are literally having to pay 50% over the odds to appease their furious fan bases

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll wish the lad well and I would with anyone who's come through our set up ... but as always, i'll want bad things to happen to Arsenal.

It's a quandary.

That said even a stand out season would have it's comedy value proving Kroenke can just buy off the Arsenal faithful.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I think £50m is incredible.. For that money I would want a Van Dijk/Maguire/Dunk type player

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
England’s Ben White

I think £50m is incredible.. For that money I would want a Van Dijk/Maguire/Dunk type player

That wouldn’t be enough. Well maybe Dunk now, but certainly not Van Dijk (£75m in 2018) and Maguire (£80m in 2019).

£50m is probably fair market value for a young elite footballer who’s just broken into the England set up.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
That wouldn’t be enough. Well maybe Dunk now, but certainly not Van Dijk (£75m in 2018) and Maguire (£80m in 2019).

£50m is probably fair market value for a young elite footballer who’s just broken into the England set up.

Exactly what I was about to say.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Not to mention Arsenal forums can now host the love-lorn Leeds fans who are still struggling to move on.

"Without White there's no way Arsenal would have just won the quadruple. And solved world hunger. And cured cancer. So you should be thanking Bielsa."

Leeds fans in ten years, probably.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
[SUB][/SUB]
Not to mention Arsenal forums can now host the love-lorn Leeds fans who are still struggling to move on.

I reckon most of us will have been out with women that are analogous to how Ben White is to Leeds fans. You know the ones that have men who they maybe once went on a crap date with or snogged when they were drunk and never looked at again but who still randomly send texts or try to call.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
[SUB][/SUB]

I reckon most of us will have been out with women that are analogous to how Ben White is to Leeds fans. You know the ones that have men who they maybe once went on a crap date with or snogged when they were drunk and never looked at again but who still randomly send texts or try to call.

Some of us are the bloke they snogged and never looked at again :down:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I think it's close enough. Maybe slighlty higher than market value, but not by much. And if you want to buy "a young elite footballer who's just broken into the England set up" and the other club don't want to sell, then you do have to pay a over the market value.

In this scenario I think it's absolutely the right amount and a good deal for all concerned.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sol Campbell throwing some cold water on whether this is a good transfer for BW and Arsenal, but he is a bit of a cock. From the Argus ( not the cock comment)

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Sol Campbell throwing some cold water on whether this is a good transfer for BW and Arsenal, but he is a bit of a cock. From the Argus ( not the cock comment)
Well i think we are being well paid for his services. Good player, yes. 50 million player mmmmm not sure. Time will tell. Hope it works out for him, slightly miffed its Arsenal but if i was Ben it is still is a fantastic move to a worldwide known club.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Sort of agree with the fella you replied to, 50 million is an incredible amount of money for his one season in the PL.

He did well, he's a great prospect,but he was still caught out a few times ball watching, was turned inside and out by Rashford and Foden........ Not to say that he wont go on to show real value for that amout of money, and he is really talented, but right now, its still an incredible bit of business by us I think....... Its about the maximum we could ever get I reckon, Arsenal are the ones taking a fair sized risk.

Do I think he's worth 50 million for what he's done so far? no not really yet..... its all about age/future potential, if he hits the heights many expect it willl be a decent and fair enough price fo the gooners, but that has to happen first and Arsenal are gambling a fair premium that he will.

For the Albion, for so many reasons, selling him for that amount is a cracking piece of business.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sort of agree with the fella you replied to, 50 million is an incredible amount of money for his one season in the PL.

He did well, he's a great prospect,but he was still caught out a few times ball watching, was turned inside and out by Rashford and Foden........ Not to say that he wont go on to show real value for that amout of money, and he is really talented, but right now, its still an incredible bit of business by us I think....... Its about the maximum we could ever get I reckon, Arsenal are the ones taking a fair sized risk.

Do I think he's worth 50 million for what he's done so far? no not really yet..... its all about age/future potential, if he hits the heights many expect it willl be a decent and fair enough price fo the gooners, but that has to happen first and Arsenal are gambling a fair premium that he will.

For the Albion, for so many reasons, selling him for that amount is a cracking piece of business.

This.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Absolutely worth every penny. The bloke is going to be a superstar… Leeds/Arsenal a.n.other legend. Of course his existence in the BHA universe will be conveniently forgotten by all pundits and commentators. Until we finish above Arsenal next season :clap2:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

A bit? He's the full John C. Holmes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here