Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I just hear Victor Orta say we didn't want to loan Ben White to the Championship because we thought he was too soft. In the past, from their end I have heard that they tried getting an £8m option to buy on the loan but we weren't having any of it and only when we went to pull out and send him to Derby did they accept no option to buy on the deal. Why do people do these things.

I think we have played a blinder with Ben and when we Sell him to a top 6 club it will be a sign of Brightons success that had help from Newport, Peterborough and Leeds on the way.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I just hear Victor Orta say we didn't want to loan Ben White to the Championship because we thought he was too soft. In the past, from their end I have heard that they tried getting an £8m option to buy on the loan but we weren't having any of it and only when we went to pull out and send him to Derby did they accept no option to buy on the deal. Why do people do these things.

I think we have played a blinder with Ben and when we Sell him to a top 6 club it will be a sign of Brightons success that had help from Newport, Peterborough and Leeds on the way.

I have a good mate who is a Leeds tragic ....BW was battered in true championship style week after week last season and he always came back and gave better than what he got .......he ain't no powder puff ..!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I wonder if Ben White is the Dier replacement...... DC / DM who is versatile enough to play anywhere in a fix. If so he'll probably make the final squad but at best will make the bench

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It hasn’t been announced yet has it?

Sorry, I saw chatter on Twitter under the #bhafc hash tag that the 7 who will miss out has been named, but that might be premature

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Sorry, I saw chatter on Twitter under the #bhafc hash tag that the 7 who will miss out has been named, but that might be premature

There seems to be a lot of speculation that the 7 are Ben, Ramsdale, TAA, Watkins, Ward-Prowse, Godfrey and Saka. I imagine the players have already been told and the news is slowly leaking out. I suppose as changes can still be made to the final squad up to the day of our first game those 7 will be on stand by.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I wonder if Ben White is the Dier replacement...... DC / DM who is versatile enough to play anywhere in a fix. If so he'll probably make the final squad but at best will make the bench

Dier is a donkey. Ben White isn’t..

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

The only source I’ve seen thus far is someone with less than 7,000 followers. Suffice to say I’ll take it with a mountain of salt until the official announcement.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I heard stuff about Southgate being desperate to pick Maguire, even if he is injured and won’t be fit immediately. Makes my blood boil as does the constant selection of Mings. If Maguire is injured, Dunk is the best replacement to play alongside Stones we have. White is brilliant cover for Stones or central defensive midfield if there are issues with Henderson, Phillips or Rice who have all struggled with injuries very recently.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Southgate is pretty clueless tbh. Baffled by a fair number of the selections in the first place. Struggle to see how TAA for example can be left out.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I would have agreed with you re TAA right up to the Champions League Final....

I think James should go and one of Walker and trippier. TAA can change a game from RB especially offensively and none of the other 3 can offer what he has going forward. The other 3 are similar in my opinion and would be conservative to take the other 3

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I didn’t realise the cut was happening tomorrow.

So there’s not even a chance for Ben to play a friendly. All seems a bit pointless to be honest.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
England’s Ben White

Southgate is pretty clueless tbh. Baffled by a fair number of the selections in the first place. Struggle to see how TAA for example can be left out.

It’s quite simple really. Reece James is comfortably our best right back and has just won the Champions League. Trippier has had a brilliant season for the champions of the Spain - a major reason for their win. Walker has had a good season for the champions of England and can also fit into a back three if necessary.

TAA on the other hand has had a poor season and is a liability defensively - I wouldn’t take him either.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Re Reece James. He is so lucky that twice sterling made a fool of him but then messed up himself which allowed James to recover. Had sterling not messed up badly then James would have been discussed as “possibly too early” but because sterling covered up some howlers from James, we now see James discussed as top quality.

Ed Smith the cricket chap wrote a good book about the role of luck. I think Reece James is going to benefit massively from it!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s quite simple really. Reece James is comfortably our best right back and has just won the Champions League. Trippier has had a brilliant season for the champions of the Spain - a major reason for their win. Walker has had a good season for the champions of England and can also fit into a back three if necessary.

TAA on the other hand has had a poor season and is a liability defensively - I wouldn’t take him either.
Love it when people say it’s quite simple really in a patronising tone then follow up with an opinion.

Classic NSC shithousery

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I believe Leeds wanted him the season he went to Peterborough, Leeds had come up against him in a cup game with Newport and were impressed, so maybe at that time we said he is not ready for the Championship. But I also heard Bielsa wasn't keen on a lad that had just had 1 season in L2 under his belt at that time. However, the season he went to Leeds, Potter was considering keeping him at Brighton for the season and introducing him in the Prem/cup games, I doubt we had concerns over Championship football, but may have had concerns over Bielsa's intense training and playing style.
They love to perpetuate the myth that Brighton had no clue that they had a player of his quality, and it took Bielsa to bring the raw potential out of him. As you say, we refused any loan to buy deal and were prepared to send him elsewhere rather than give them that option, clearly indicating that we valued him.
Saints Academy underestimated him, we just didn't put him straight in at the deep end, and made sure he had a steady progression, possibly because he had had that rejection from Saints, and we wanted to make sure he didn't get another knock to his confidence by pushing him too fast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here