Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben admitted crying over the news. Good on him, nice to see a player who cares about playing for England.

[tweet]1397910182126964740[/tweet]

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
(re Dunk...)Southgate also compounded his confusing statement by later saying “Center backs are at their best when they’ve matured”.

I think we just have to accept that Southgate - for whatever reason - won't pick Dunk and we have to get over it. It is annoying that he seems to prefer obviously inferior defenders (I don't include Ben in that category) and occasionally Dunk does something...err...inadvisable (Palace away, Wolves away) but he's not alone in that.

England's loss, our gain.

Great for Ben though, whether he makes the final 26 or not.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
I don't get his point on saying it's age either. He's only 29 FFS. A good top central defender can play at the top level into their mid 30's if they look after themselves (Maldini, Adams, Puyol, Matthaeus, Cannavaro, Vidic to name a few).

Lewis would only be 30 at next years World Cup and 32 at the next Euros. Can still get plenty of mileage out of him at international level.

Don't forget Franco Baresi, the greatest of them all, how did he only get 81 caps?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Sorry, is he wearing an earring in this latest interview? All that potential...

I think he was going for the Captain Flint look.

Ben White

tobystephenscaptainflint.jpg

Captain Flint

White.png

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I think what probably helps White with his selection, is Southgate likes players that are versatile and can play more than once position if need be.

Southgate could play on right of a back 3, CB in a back 4 or in midfield.

Dunky should definitely have more England caps under his belt though thats for sure.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I think what probably helps White with his selection, is Southgate likes players that are versatile and can play more than once position if need be.

Dunky should definitely have more England caps under his belt though thats for sure.

Yes...but hopefully Southgate WON'T select himself ��

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

I think you missed a 'him' out in there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here