Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I was a bit annoyed he’s going to Arsenal as I have a few mates there. But I think he’ll do exceptionally well there. It’s a good club with fans who’ve been a bit screwed over in recent years. They’ve produced some incredible teams with the likes of Bergkamp (my favourite ever PL player) and I think Arteta is building something quite impressive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a shame!
£300,000 per week wages for one player.

Record transfer fees paid
# Fee For
1 £72m Nicolas Pépé
2 £56m Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
3 £45m Thomas Partey
4 £45m Alexandre Lacazette

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
One of the architects of the European Super League. So I would say yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, I think suggesting Arsenal should be included in such a league is illustrative of an underrated sense of humour.

Also, we could say that about any of the owners of clubs we're trying to sell our best players to, so I consider it to be priced in already.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Someone said at work? Someone said at WORK? WTF ............

Someone at work once said to me, "Ah, but that's another kettle of badgers."

.........and yes, I do live in darkest Gloucestershire, but I didn't take them seriously either.

Someone at work, someone on here, Duncan Castles, it's all rumour.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
To be fair, I think suggesting Arsenal should be included in such a league is illustrative of an underrated sense of humour.

Also, we could say that about any of the owners of clubs we're trying to sell our best players to, so I consider it to be priced in already.

Surely Spurs were the real comedy value there. Arsenal have at least won the league a few times within living memory.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Surely Spurs were the real comedy value there. Arsenal have at least won the league a few times within living memory.

Let's just say they were both a bit, erm, incongruous. Or to be more generous, optimistic.

I just had a look at the Wikipedia page on the 2003-04 season to remind myself what football in general and the Premier League in particular were like back then.

Take my advice: Unless you want to depress yourself with how long ago it was and how much the world's changed, don't look.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
What game was it that Ben White was sent first one way, then the other by a striker and ended up on his bum?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
What game was it that Ben White was sent first one way, then the other by a striker and ended up on his bum?

One of the early games of the season in fairness. He went from strength from there.

Only other blips I can recall from him was being weak in the air against Saints/Wolves and costing a goal, and his bizarre kick into the air home to Palace setting up their goal.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[TWEET]1421097876797669389[/TWEET]

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
We need a picture of smiling Tony Bloom holding up a cheque for £50m. Anyone up for Photoshop?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
#FreeBenWhite

Doesn’t look happy.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not seen Captain Black look that happy since he took out Spectrum Cloud Base

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So now it's almost over, how quickly do you think Brighton will be media scrubbed out of "The Ben White Story"?

Ben White was released by Southampton, before being picked up by Brighton at 16. He then had a series of successful loan moves to Newport, Peterborough and Leeds before breaking into the Brighton first team where he really excelled to earn a call up to England. He now plies his trade for Arsenal after securing a well-deserved £50m move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here