Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Seems extremely unlikely. Release clauses are normally around transfer fee. What if one of those clubs was having a poor season or us a great one and we're within a place or two in the table? Then they come in with an offer of a fiver in January and we have to let him go to a rival?

Nah.

With Bloom it's always going to be the right price. Nothing to do with the 'right club'.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well all the Arsenal journos and ITK experts had told us a deal had been agreed with Ben, he’s happy with personal terms and the deal would be completed after the Euros.

So now we find out if all this was BS and who’s being honest and making shite up.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Well all the Arsenal journos and ITK experts had told us a deal had been agreed with Ben, he’s happy with personal terms and the deal would be completed after the Euros.

So now we find out if all this was BS and who’s being honest and making shite up.

As I said before vaga, why do it to yourself, just keep an eye on the official site for any outgoing transfers, saves hours of time wasted fretting over utter fiction, feeding these made up stories by clicking on them.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

is he travelling there on the M25???

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Fear not one and all, Benjamin White will still be an Albion player when the window slams shut. I can feel it in my water.

I really hope not!

I feel now is the time to cash in. We may not have as much 'equity' in him next season but we may have more. I'd prefer the cash now and reinvest especially as we have a more than adequate replacement waining in Veltman.

I don't look at the team sheet and hope that White's name is there. I do when it comes to Dunk.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I really hope not!

I feel now is the time to cash in. We may not have as much 'equity' in him next season but we may have more. I'd prefer the cash now and reinvest especially as we have a more than adequate replacement waining in Veltman.

I don't look at the team sheet and hope that White's name is there. I do when it comes to Dunk.

Have to disagree with this. His stocks only going up imo.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I really hope not!

Fair comment. They say that a team is as good as it’s spine. We have a goalie, centre back and defensive midfielder - just need a matching attacking midfielder and striker and we’ll be cushty.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
can easily see him having an injury ravaged season next season.

He could. Equally we could be talking 65m + this time next year. He's an undoubted talent and we should make the big boys pay through the nose. The Albion hold all the cards on this one.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I really hope not!

Dunk is more crucial to the Albion l grant you, but to be fair very few of us have had the chance to see Ben White in the flesh yet due to the Pandemic, and l would like to set eyes on him for real come August!

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Seems extremely unlikely. Release clauses are normally around transfer fee. What if one of those clubs was having a poor season or us a great one and we're within a place or two in the table? Then they come in with an offer of a fiver in January and we have to let him go to a rival?

Nah.

Isn't that essentialy how we got Veltman so cheap - a release clause of €1M for him to move to a PL club?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Isn't that essentialy how we got Veltman so cheap - a release clause of €1M for him to move to a PL club?

Yes - but I think the point is we know Bloom well enough to assume it isn't something he would add - or it would be very high if he did. More likely a Gentleman's Agreement with the player if deal suitable for all parties arrives.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

From memory that was triggered at a certain point in his contract, which is why we'd been tracking him for a while. I'm absolutely sure though that White won't have a release clause of 1 million to go to another EPL team.

He might have something like "Brighton must accept an offer of greater than £60 million from Real Madrid, Man United or Liverpool" that combines a silly amount with a "dream club" but we don't know that and I'm pretty sure the speculators, including the poster I replied to, don't know that.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We also don't actually know what Bloom's attitude to contract clauses or player sales is. We have, after all, never had players worth this kind of money or of this kind of profile.
I guess time will tell...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We also don't actually know what Bloom's attitude to contract clauses or player sales is. We have, after all, never had players worth this kind of money or of this kind of profile.
I guess time will tell...

Yes we do.

They're iron clad.
&
Protect the club.

Mr Bloom and Mr Barber are far to sharp to allow themselves to be screwed over by an agent of a 'young' pro.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
“Arsenal working to complete Ben White deal with Brighton after personal terms agreed”.

How are personal terms agreed if we’ve not accepted a bid yet? Is that legal?

[tweet]1414906123963060224[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here