Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Nothing to do with the wider thread but…

I’ve just got back to my hotel after shooting the Macmillan Mighty Hike in the Yorkshire Dales. My BHAFC beanie is a constant fixture at these things and three separate participants uttered “free Ben White” as they passed with a smirk. All good natured. I think there’s an acknowledgment there that he’s a class act and we’ve both been lucky to have him.

Also turned out there were two other Seagulls that far north too, as the hat just draws them out.

Fun times.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Nothing to do with the wider thread but…

I’ve just got back to my hotel after shooting the Macmillan Mighty Hike in the Yorkshire Dales. My BHAFC beanie is a constant fixture at these things and three separate participants uttered “free Ben White” as they passed with a smirk. All good natured. Fun times.

Heading back up North at the end of the school holidays to take my son to old haunts (l Iived in Bingley whilst working for the Bradford and Bingley Building Society 20 plus years ago) and a trip to Leeds (The Armouries) is definitely taking place.

He lives in Albion sports gear out of school uniform and initially I thought "Perhaps not wear the gear up there in Leeds as the locals are a bit precious when it comes to their team!" but the more I think about it I'm thinking "F^^k it, and them!" Wear it son with pride

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Some suggesting terms now agreed, but no journos on it yet.

Terms are hardly likely to be a problem, are they? He will double or treble his already considerable wages and his agent will be hopping up and down in delight. It's whether Brighton agree to sell him, and/or at what price that will be the cruncher.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Chelsea has always been the one that makes most sense IMHO. Not surprised at all if there is truth in that.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Chelsea makes me happy. Would be very sad if he went to the Gunners.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Chelsea makes sense and, frankly, is the sort of level I think Ben deserves (as said by many, including me, before, he can do better than Arsenal) given his ability, talent and promise

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I have nothing of real value to this thread other than the girlfriend of the friend of one of my best friends was out with BW, AC and a few others after the last game of the season (or whenever it was that the video of AC 'allegedly' being a bit of a knob came out) and apparently it was said that BW had been looking at properties – or even possibly bought one – in Cheshire... :moo:

#InTheKnow

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I have nothing of real value to this thread other than the girlfriend of the friend of one of my best friends was out with BW, AC and a few others after the last game of the season (or whenever it was that the video of AC 'allegedly' being a bit of a knob came out) and apparently it was said that BW had been looking at properties – or even possibly bought one – in Cheshire... :moo:

#InTheKnow

That's just madness. It'll take him hours to get to Lancing and back every day from Alderly Edge :shrug:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
My question is. How does this Sky Sports transfer “expert” know all this? Has he spoken with Brighton, with Tony? Or is it all… guesswork [emoji848]

[tweet]1412012617426681857[/tweet]

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
My question is. How does this Sky Sports transfer “expert” know all this? Has he spoken with Brighton, with Tony? Or is it all… guesswork [emoji848]

To be fair, all he says about Brighton is that Tony Bloom won't stand in the way of a player who wants to leave, providing the club's valuation is met. Bloom's statement of this policy has been in the public domain for ages. Everything else that he said, could have come from Arsenal.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
To be fair, all he says about Brighton is that Tony Bloom won't stand in the way of a player who wants to leave, providing the club's valuation is met. Bloom's statement of this policy has been in the public domain for ages. Everything else that he said, could have come from Arsenal.

But more likely White’s t**t agent Alex Levack

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here