Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I thought it was a given that Hinsh would be LB and Baleba defensive mid.
Thats what I'm leaning towards as well, but Hurz did say Baleba can play left back.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Out of interest did u see the lineup as any different
No. Without Estupiñán and Kadıoğlu, the weakness at left back we saw against Everton and Man Utd will continue, Hürzeler had no real options. I’m a big Hinshelwood fan and happy to see him play at right wing back etc but looking at the time and space Diallo got against us last Saturday, it’s impossible not to worry about Saka getting the same.

Minteh has clearly recovered from injury and according to the BBC lineup he even managed to clone himself: :ROFLMAO: Oh and some guy called VergruggeM in goal. LAZY BBC again.
Brighton starting XI: Verbruggem, Hinshelwood, Dunk, Van Hecke, Veltman, Baleba, Minteh, Minteh, Mitoma, Welbeck, Pedro.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Thought Hurzelar might take out Welbz or JP and put another midfielder in their to help adding to the fact that we have no Weiffer.

Today is going to be a biggish win for Arsenal or a cheeky draw I reckon with some great attacking play from us.

Baleba playing 90 midweek (cramp at the end) when playing CM against Rice, Party and Odegard or LB V Saka? Not sure about that.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I thought it was a given that Hinsh would be LB and Baleba defensive mid.
Quite.

Has Baleba ever played LB with us - I don’t recall but Hinsh is a fullback/wide central midfielder not a CB/CDM. Baleba needs to see the game in front of him which he can’t do if he’s runnimg up the left channels - I would rather see Igor there if Hinsh wasn’t LB ( or Pervis obviously) .

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Will be interesting to see which one of Hinsh and Baleba will get to play in the Wieffer-role and which one gets the tough LB task.
Expecting it to be interchange quite quickly - Hinsh running backwards vs Saka is an obvious weakness

Looking forward to Veltman vs Tossard on the other flank

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Glad someone mentioned the KO time had changed for TV or I’d have made a right fool of myself. Currently window shopping in Oxford St and will head over to Highbury in good time for 5:30.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Probably we should have started Paolo Maldini at left back instead.

What's Paolo got to do with it? I'm not saying the manager is a fool, I understand that we don't have a better option (assuming Pervis isn't ready), but that doesn't mean I'm not worried about it.

And it's not saka utd we're playing. Arsenal have loads of attacking threats. All our defensive players will have their hands full

Yes of course they will, we're up against one of the best two sides in the country, but our other players have a bit of a chance against their opponent. They'll no doubt get beaten a few times, but Jack against Saka is a mismatch in that position and it's my main concern.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Not ideal having JH playing out of position, but when on it, Saka can terrorise any left back in the country. Whoever plays there is going to need Mitoma's help. The issue is not going to be Jack, it's going to be the need to get back quickly into the low block when out of possession. The first games have suggested that we're learning it, but we don't get it right every time yet. If we get it wrong today, they have the clinical attackers to punish us, not just on the right, but everywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here