Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal record profits

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Have to say they are a model football club, i hope we can learn from them.

But maybe win more trophies...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's a difficult one isn't it.

Running a football club sustainably, but not really being competitive.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think I might go and make a banner for their next game.

Profits must be CONDEMNED, must they not?

D

Deleted member 18477

you've hit the nail on the head. how fifa, uefa, the FA or whoever have let this happen is beyond me! they need to get a serious grip on football.

every club should be run financially like arsenal, no club should be allowed to get in debt. its not f***ing hard!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Arsenal’s way of running the club in a financially sound way might mean they struggle to compete with the likes of Man City, United and Chelsea but if and when the shit hits the proverbial fan they will be in a much more favourable position compared to their rivals.

Arsenal fans I know are constantly bemoaning Wenger for not making the BIG money signings some of his league rivals do but his prudent spending (in comparison) means Arsenal’s financial future is much more secure than almost all of his rivals.

In an era where vast sums of money are thrown at football clubs, with little consideration of the long term risks I can’t help but admire the Arsenal model.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

So you're suggesting our set up isn't very good then, I think that is far from the truth and maybe its time that Arsenal learnt from us. Our trophy cabinet is bulging compared to theirs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Arsenal’s way of running the club in a financially sound way might mean they struggle to compete with the likes of Man City, United and Chelsea but if and when the shit hits the proverbial fan they will be in a much more favourable position compared to their rivals.

Arsenal fans I know are constantly bemoaning Wenger for not making the BIG money signings some of his league rivals do but his prudent spending (in comparison) means Arsenal’s financial future is much more secure than almost all of his rivals.

In an era where vast sums of money are thrown at football clubs, with little consideration of the long term risks I can’t help but admire the Arsenal model.

I hope it works out as you suggest and Arsenal have the last laugh. Don't count on it though.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
you've hit the nail on the head. how fifa, uefa, the FA or whoever have let this happen is beyond me! they need to get a serious grip on football.

every club should be run financially like arsenal, no club should be allowed to get in debt. its not f***ing hard!

Football clubs are businesses, businesses are allowed to make a loss and carry debt, however they should only carry debt that they can maintain.

If clubs are no longer able to have debt how would they do things like build academies and improve stadiums? How do you think Arsenal built that big stadium without going into debt?

The big difference in football is that the punishment for business failure is not the same, i.e. being bought out by a bigger rival or no longer trading.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
So you're suggesting our set up isn't very good then, I think that is far from the truth and maybe its time that Arsenal learnt from us. Our trophy cabinet is bulging compared to theirs.

Yeah, I'm sure Arsenal are hugely jealous of our League One title success last season.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I wonder what the Premier League table would look like if teams were only allowed to spend within their means. It would have a very different shape no doubt.

Man Utd are million and millions in debt, they could pay it off, but spend money on players instead like Young, Jones, De Gea.

Chelsea have curbed their spending of late to an extent, an subsequently not performing in the league.

Man City spent loads, no one knows their debts, but they are at the top of the league having spent loads on some brilliant players and paying thme cast amounts.

Not sure on Spurs, they spend a fair bit, but not mega money, but the two teams at the top of the league are the two teams that have spent the most money

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

I don't think many Albion fans would be dissapointed with ten straight years' of champions league football

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I wonder what the Premier League table would look like if teams were only allowed to spend within their means. It would have a very different shape no doubt.

Man Utd are million and millions in debt, they could pay it off, but spend money on players instead like Young, Jones, De Gea.

Chelsea have curbed their spending of late to an extent, an subsequently not performing in the league.

Man City spent loads, no one knows their debts, but they are at the top of the league having spent loads on some brilliant players and paying thme cast amounts.

Not sure on Spurs, they spend a fair bit, but not mega money, but the two teams at the top of the league are the two teams that have spent the most money

I think under Harry Rednapp Spurs have the third highest spending in the Premiership

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Arsensl have been hundreds of millions in debt (mortgage) to finance their new ground. They are knocking it off at £30m? a year though unlike others who remain at static negative levels
Nb Chelsea £50m on one player within last year is not easing off

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
QUOTE=Mendoza;4751126]£49.5million profit - sure the Arsenal fans would prefer to have a centre back and midfielder for that money instead of a profit.[/QUOTE]

cabinet-empty.jpg
[

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wenger's ability to give Arsenal Champions League football every year for the last 15 years has enabled them to pay for a sizeable chunk of that stadium. And they've done it without massive spending on players. I reckon no manager has contributed to such a financial transformation of a club in English football history.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

A model football club???? in many ways Yes, but on sustaining a credible challenge to the PL title, not really very credible at the moment is it?

The cost of building the stadium, forcasted at £400 million had risen by a £100 million during that period. So lets say that at a very rough estimate it cost Arsenal FIVE times the amount that it cost us to secure and build falmer and the capacity is only 2.5 times more

The effective interest rate on these bonds is 5.14% and 5.97% respectively and are due to be paid back over a 25-year period; the move to bonds has reduced the club's annual debt service cost to approximately £20 million a year

That's £20m a year JUST to SERVICE the debt. Not paying any of it off.

And what happens if no Champions League next season ?? (its possible if Spurs carry on like this)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here