Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal or Manchester Utd..Who is or were better?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
IMHO, we are seeing a team becoming one of those all time best teams, and I also feel they are far better than the early all conquering and Young Man Utd Team!

Yesterday was just an Unbelieveable game and each Arsenal Players was pure class!!

Your views...?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
The Arse. They are so good to watch

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Arsenal i would say are the better team , but until they win the Champions League people will always argue about it

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I always enjoyed watching Man U in the Nineties with Cantona et al but I have to say this Arsenal team are even more exciting. It's got to the stage where I think "Oh good, Arsenal are on the telly again." As has been pointed out though they need to win the Champions' League to be classed as a great team, just winning the candy-floss Premiership isn't enough.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
This Arsenal team does look fantastic, even if they do have a complete loon in goal that makes Roberts look consistent.

My one worry / criticism is they have a habit of trying to score the perfect goal, normally by attempting to walk the ball into the net, when shooting really would be a better option. I find it frustrating where they make a couple of passes too many and they were doing this yesterday until they went behind, then they started actually shooting.

Still they are good to watch and if it means those twats from West London end up with nowt, then all well and good.

Dandyman

In London village.
Big teams - Liverpool, Manure, Forest, Spurs - won/win european silverwear. The Arse are a decent team in a poor Premiership. If they win something in europe I may revise my opinion (although I still think they are a bunch of Woolwich pikeys).

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Arsenal were superb yesterday, without doubt one of the best games/performances I have ever seen, it was a joy to watch !!

Arsenal WILL win the premiership this season and I feel they may go unbeaten as well !!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Unbeaten again might be a step too far for them, but on that kind of performance, it might not. What odds can you get on a second successive unbeaten season??

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I think The Champions League may be going to North London this year!!

Arsenal are a great side, no doubt about it. And I love the way Wenger has built that team up with some very canny buys. But (and I hate to say this, because I can't stand the club or anybody linked with it) but I would go for ManUre on this. They did have several imports, of course (Cantona being the obvious one) but the backbone of the side came up through the club from the youth ranks and that, for me, will always be particularly remarkable.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
fatbadger said:
Arsenal are a great side, no doubt about it. And I love the way Wenger has built that team up with some very canny buys. But (and I hate to say this, because I can't stand the club or anybody linked with it) but I would go for ManUre on this. They did have several imports, of course (Cantona being the obvious one) but the backbone of the side came up through the club from the youth ranks and that, for me, will always be particularly remarkable.

Agreed. The fact that they won the Champions League as well, which Arsenal have obviously not done, puts them ahead in my book.

That midfield of Giggs, Keane, Scholes and Beckham was just awesome.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Arsenal, without doubt, though you have to question Lehmann and Cygan. Replace those to, and they are all round the best club side I have ever seen.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Have to agree, if Arsenal had another Schmeichal in their goal, they would be the complete team!!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Dandyman said:
Big teams - Liverpool, Manure, Forest, Spurs - won/win european silverwear. The Arse are a decent team in a poor Premiership. If they win something in europe I may revise my opinion (although I still think they are a bunch of Woolwich pikeys).

sorry?? a poor premiership??? is that the one with Kezman (more goals than games in holland), Drogba (star of champions league), half of the French team, the worlds hottest prospect- Rooney, Hollands hottest prospect- Robben, Spains hottest prospects- Fabregas and Reyes, Steven Gerrad, Xabi Alonso, Rio Ferdinand, Djbrill Cisse, Damien Duff, etc etc The best managers in the world-Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez, Ferguson, Robson etc.

poor?????

Oct 25, 2003
the right footed denilson said:
sorry?? a poor premiership??? is that the one with Kezman (more goals than games in holland), Drogba (star of champions league), half of the French team, the worlds hottest prospect- Rooney, Hollands hottest prospect- Robben, Spains hottest prospects- Fabregas and Reyes, Steven Gerrad, Xabi Alonso, Rio Ferdinand, Djbrill Cisse, Damien Duff, etc etc The best managers in the world-Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez, Ferguson, Robson etc.

poor?????
drogba- star of uefa cup not champions league

rooney- WORLDS hottest prospect?! maybe

best managers- there are better around

best players- there are better around,
hence are teams don't do aswell in europe

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
arsenal are sheer class

cygan is a poor player, but when campbell comes back they will be top draw.

even watching their reserves in the carling cup is great fun. i would recomend it to anyone. easy to get too, cheap tickets, good young players playing and a great atmosphere at highbury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here