Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal or Manchester Utd..Who is or were better?

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I think in recent history Manchester United were better due to their consistency in the 90’s.

But Arsenal are much better than Manchester Untied now.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
the right footed denilson said:
sorry?? a poor premiership??? is that the one with Kezman (more goals than games in holland), Drogba (star of champions league), half of the French team, the worlds hottest prospect- Rooney, Hollands hottest prospect- Robben, Spains hottest prospects- Fabregas and Reyes, Steven Gerrad, Xabi Alonso, Rio Ferdinand, Djbrill Cisse, Damien Duff, etc etc The best managers in the world-Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez, Ferguson, Robson etc.

poor?????
Yes, poor. Yes I grant you there are some decent players and it IS exciting to watch but it's a bit like the Harlem Globetotters - lots of fun and fancy tricks but no real substance.

When Premiership sides can start dominating European competitions - or even just reaching a few finals then I will admit that it's 'good'. Until then by all means enjoy the specatcle but don't swallow Sky's hype about the 'Best League in the World',m In terms of football strength it's probably joint 3rd with the Budesliga.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
tommy boy said:
drogba- star of uefa cup not champions league

rooney- WORLDS hottest prospect?! maybe

best managers- there are better around

best players- there are better around,
hence are teams don't do aswell in europe

Just because you say there are better around, doesn't make us a poor team. Arsenal are currently better than Man U and Chelsea, this doesn't make Arsenal or Chelsea poor, it just means they are not the best.

I've often wondered which team is better. The Man U team which won the treble in '99 or this Arsenal side. It's a hell of a question. Didn't Man U win the league by 18 points?!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Arsenal are a much better team to watch. But Man Ure were a better team because they were strong all over the park. Arsenal's defence is a bit suspect and Jens Lehmann can do some stupid things at times (his poor positioning and not paying attention to the game was the cause of Middlesbrough's third goal). But the Gunners are a much better team going forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here