Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal goal - handball?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s not but it’s a funny potential thing to,wind up the Arsenal fans even more (who are STILL fuming on the social media)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Never even occurred to me, but shades of handball from Saka?

Nah, not deliberate.

If Saka and Dunk went to head the ball, and just bumped into each other, then that's fair play. It's a contact sport. However - what's the rule if Sake had no intention of getting the ball (he didn't), and he simply nudged Dunk as he was about to head it? Is that allowed or is that a foul?

Stumpy Tim

Nah, not deliberate.

If Saka and Dunk went to head the ball, and just bumped into each other, then that's fair play. It's a contact sport. However - what's the rule if Sake had no intention of getting the ball (he didn't), and he simply nudged Dunk as he was about to head it? Is that allowed or is that a foul?
I'm not sure about the rule this season, but last season if the ball touches an arm in the build-up to a goal, it was to be disallowed. The handball rule is a mess either way.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not sure about the rule this season, but last season if the ball touches an arm in the build-up to a goal, it was to be disallowed. The handball rule is a mess either way.

We're talking about different things. Last season it was ok if the ball accidentally touched the arm of the player who gets the assist, but disallowed if it touched the arm of the scorer.

I was asking if you're allowed to nudge an opponent as they're about to play the ball.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If you're not sure about the LAW regarding handball this season but still consider it a mess either way, I'm not sure of your reasoning.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Because the law seems to change every five minutes.
Once a season before it starts. I reality it's not hard to keep updated. Not really having a pop at you but I'm amazed the amount of people who turn up each season not having a scooby about the law changes. They then show themselves up by shouting and screaming when said laws are adhered to.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Dunk does this a lot himself - nudges the opponent to either try to win the header or to let it drop over his head.

Unfortunately, yesterday he got caught out a couple of times trying this and not being strong enough including for the goal.

Stumpy Tim

Once a season before it starts. I reality it's not hard to keep updated. Not really having a pop at you but I'm amazed the amount of people who turn up each season not having a scooby about the law changes. They then show themselves up by shouting and screaming when said laws are adhered to.
You are having a pop at me, but fortunately I couldn’t give a shit and will carry on as before

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I thought it was handball from where I was standing and all replays I've seen show the same from my point of view

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
We're talking about different things. Last season it was ok if the ball accidentally touched the arm of the player who gets the assist, but disallowed if it touched the arm of the scorer.

I was asking if you're allowed to nudge an opponent as they're about to play the ball.
Given the number of nudges made in the box on Albion players over the last few years I suggest it’s OK

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Don’t care either way , they got the softest penalty down at the Amex last season, season before they again got soft decisions going their way , so good seeing descions going our way for a change

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I think that does hit his hand/lower arm by the way the ball changes direction. Not deliberately. Don't know the latest rules in whether VAR should have intervened.

All elementary if Dunk uses his body, keeps it simple and wins the header.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here