Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Arry Redknapp to Chelsea?

Oatway4England

Mar 17, 2011
Interesting Harry is still 4/1 with one bookmakers to take over yet some have stopped taking bets. If you believe it lump on the 4/1!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Its interesting how Hodgson is seen as a failure at Liverpool

He never really stood a chance there IMO. Two things, it wasn't really the right "fit" - difficult to say why, but it wasn't and secondly, he "wasn't king kenny". His record shows he's not a bad manager, both here and around Europe.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
excellent

im sure we can expect him to proclaim it "a miracle" when they challenge for the title despite having done so consistently for the last ten or so years, and i also look forward to the fact that he will no doubt overhaul the squad with at least 10 new signings and then when two or three injuries hit claim they are "down to the bare bones"

if he gets the chelsea job then at least that should mean he is kept away from the england gig next summer, providing he can last the season at stamford bridge

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He never really stood a chance there IMO. Two things, it wasn't really the right "fit" - difficult to say why, but it wasn't and secondly, he "wasn't king kenny". His record shows he's not a bad manager, both here and around Europe.

Exactly. Roy is an excellent manager, and I'd be very happy to see him as the next England manager. Unlike 'Arry, Roy has shown he can make the best of what he's given, and doesn't always have to go straight out on a spending spree, which makes Roy far more suited to International management IMHO.

The King Kenny thing is the key for me regarding his time at Liverpool. With him in the shadows, there was no way anyone else would be given a chance. When Kenny did get teh job, it was a win-win at Liverpool. Either he would pan out (as he has done) and everyone is happy, or like Newcastle getting over the Shearer thing, if King Kenny had failed, then at least everyone could have accepted it and moved on with someone else.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
If you want to know how a manager can make money out of a transfer lissten to a certain Mr. Sugar. While chairman of Spuds his manager wanted to buy a player and asked for a large sum of cash, Sugar went to the opposite chairman and was told a lesser price. When he asked his manager about the difference he was told that's the way it works, no prizes for guessing who the manager was at the time. You can bet it still goes on.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As well as that FA Cup win with a Pompey side that bankrupted the club, he also won the old division one with Pompey and the old division three, with Bournemouth back in the 80s. It's hardly a CV to sit alongside Mourinho, Hiddink or Ancelotti's is it?

It's a bit better than Pep Guardiola's CV c. 2008.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
You know he's gonna be the England boss at the end of next season anyway. Only 1 more season of him.

1 more season of playing 1 upfront at home to bottom 3 opposition? No, don't do this to me :cry:

REDKNAPP OUT.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think he is a good manager for a second rate team like Spurs, or even as the best Englishman to manage England. But i'm sure that Chelsea will want someone more cultured and with a better CV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here