Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Arry Redknapp to Chelsea?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He's become the bookies favourites after a rush of bets on him overnight, to the point that some bookies have stopped taking bets.

If he does go, will Spurs look to the south coast for their next manager? A certain Uruguayan? :nono:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
He's become the bookies favourites after a rush of bets on him overnight, to the point that some bookies have stopped taking bets.

If he does go, will Spurs look to the south coast for their next manager? A certain Uruguayan? :nono:

Gus linked with a job that doesn't even exist yet. Yeah why not, after all on NSC he is linked with every other managerial vacancy available.:facepalm:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You'll know if Harry Redknapp is interested. He'll say he isn't.

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
Exactly WHAT has Harry Redknapp won? Aside from one of the weakest FA Cup finals in recent history, taking on lower league opposition

im not sure its exactly what he has won, but if you look at the jobs he's done at portsmouth on a shoestring then takin spurs to the champions league, surely he deserves a shot with a top four team

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
No chance in hell of old twitchy being the next Chavski manager.
Can you imagine him putting up with Abramovic & his advisors meddling & signing players over his head.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
im not sure its exactly what he has won, but if you look at the jobs he's done at portsmouth on a shoestring then takin spurs to the champions league, surely he deserves a shot with a top four team

I am not sure if this is a wind up. If so you have got me hook line and sinker, fair play. I tell you what he did at Portsmouth on a shoestring.....took them to financial ruin and damn near oblivion.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Exactly WHAT has Harry Redknapp won? Aside from one of the weakest FA Cup finals in recent history, taking on lower league opposition

but how is any English manager going to win the Champions League or Premier League unless they are given the chance?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

Given the state he left Pompey in I'm going to ignore that comment but my point was if managers with proven Champions League winning experience are what Mr Abramovich wants then Harry is NOT going to be on that list.

Did a spot of research since that last post. As well as that FA Cup win with a Pompey side that bankrupted the club, he also won the old division one with Pompey and the old division three, with Bournemouth back in the 80s. It's hardly a CV to sit alongside Mourinho, Hiddink or Ancelotti's is it?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

so did roy hodgson.... oh

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Harry Redknapp is a likely to be the next Chelsea manager as Michael Owen is of being Brighton's next No 9.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I thought it was Harry that left them with only a shoestring - though you can argue, that if they didn't have the money, the chariman shouldn't have let him spend it - still, the houses on Sandbanks are nice.

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
I am not sure if this is a wind up. If so you have got me hook line and sinker, fair play. I tell you what he did at Portsmouth on a shoestring.....took them to financial ruin and damn near oblivion.

but they made a £20mil profit on lassana diarra didnt they????

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No chance will Harry go there.... or more like Roman would want him there

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here