Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogant Saints fans (again)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
27 years in the PL? Wow that's more than Man Utd! How did you manage it?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I wouldn't describe 27 years in PL as mediocrity regardless of whether or not it included struggles against relegation. Would you? What is that saying about all the other clubs in the next two tiers during that time, including Brighton? Sub-mediocre? Harsh!

I am reminded of those actors in soaps who play a character for 20 plus years and do nothing else, except probably open the odd supermarket and advertise life insurance. Suddenly a young new producer arrives and the character gets killed off in a random international terrorist explosion at the corner shop accident.

A few appearances on breakfast television is followed by an interview with in Hello explaining how they actually walked out and didn't want to be type cast.

It pays the tax bill for a while, but gradually Bill Oddie stops answering the phone and the Woking pantomime falls through.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
are you American?

"Math" or "Maths" - an ongoing debate surrounding the question where the shortened version is referring to a plural or singular noun.

Rather like the phrase "Best Team in League One", singular or plural ? Confusing isn't it....

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It does seem funny,the desperate lengths some saints fan go to try and justify being better than us.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It does seem funny,the desperate lengths some saints fan go to try and justify being better than us.

They do have a point though, they started their season AFTER us.

There is a cracking post on their forum in reply to a question asking why (in comparison to Bennett for example) they haven't scored many goals from outside the box.

Apparently it is down to other "teams awareness of their talent" :lolol:

Thank God we kept Bennett secret. That million odd pound bid from Norwich almost blew his cover.

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
we won the league they might not even go up to be honest I dont give a flying f*** about Southampton and dont care if they go up or stay down

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haven't read the whole thread but the article itself is just fine. Lots of twats tend to post on local papers forums, before we slag off the Saints one we should just reflect on the bollocks so often posted on the Argus one.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Shut up about Southampton. Jesus wept.
Why? What's wrong with it? I am genuinely struggling to understand why so many Brighton fans don't want to take every opportunity to celebrate our success and to celebrate the fact we have absolutely PISSED all over one of our 'local' teams. These seasons don't come around very often and football's cyclical so one day we'll be shit again. Just relax a bit and enjoy it and have a good laugh at the deluded Saints fans and also the deluded Saints fans trying to explain away all the deluded Saints fans.

But if you really don't like Southampton threads - don't read 'em.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
f***ing brilliant, another saints thread. Just what we needed :facepalm:

It been said time and time again, it was obvious what the thread was about so what is the point of coming on here to moan about it, if you're not interested then don't open it. If you think this thread has no merit then how do you think comments like this help ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This and...

Why? What's wrong with it? I am genuinely struggling to understand why so many Brighton fans don't want to take every opportunity to celebrate our success and to celebrate the fact we have absolutely PISSED all over one of our 'local' teams. These seasons don't come around very often and football's cyclical so one day we'll be shit again. Just relax a bit and enjoy it and have a good laugh at the deluded Saints fans and also the deluded Saints fans trying to explain away all the deluded Saints fans.

But if you really don't like Southampton threads - don't read 'em.

This

It been said time and time again, it was obvious what the thread was about so what is the point of coming on here to moan about it, if you're not interested then don't open it. If you think this thread has no merit then how do you think comments like this help ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here