Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogant Saints fans (again)

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
As much as I dislike all these Saints related threads, there are some pearlers on that Daily Echo site!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Think your missing the point of my name - my chums call me that backwards (no im not gay for the record)

Seriously though, do you think the Albion players have any animosity towards the Saints. Would they try less harder against Huddersfield? I remember the scum on the last day of the season 2005 against WBA played shite just cos of the Redknapp thing. Maybe Albion have more integrity than the P**pey.

I don't think Albion players have any animosity towards Saints, but they'll have more motivation than they would normally thanks to your physios (sorry ''managers'') comments.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I do not get it, I am an Albion fan and arrogant so why doesn't anyone start a thread about me?

Being serious for a moment and despite my digging out of Adkins at the Daggers away game I do not mind him to be honest. In fact he reminds of exactly what Mickey Adams was like first time round. MA was full of weird and wonderful quotes which he nicked from various books (even Andy Naylor recognised as much in his first end of season appraisal!)...Not to mention his strange analogies but he was also very cocky and if the opposition even so much as got a draw against us he would say how they "raised their game"...Mickey was even like this before he joined us when and was manager at Fulham.

So, I do not see what the problem is and think we should all like Nigel Adkins!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I do not get it, I am an Albion fan and arrogant so why doesn't anyone start a thread about me?

Being serious for a moment and despite my digging out of Adkins at the Daggers away game I do not mind him to be honest. In fact he reminds of exactly what Mickey Adams was like first time round. MA was full of weird and wonderful quotes which he nicked from various books (even Andy Naylor recognised as much in his first end of season appraisal!)...Not to mention his strange analogies but he was also very cocky and if the opposition even so much as got a draw against us he would say how they "raised their game"...Mickey was even like this before he joined us when and was manager at Fulham.

So, I do not see what the problem is and think we should all like Nigel Adkins!

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

How about if you recognised what Adams did for us 1st time around but never really warmed to his abrasive small man attitude? Is it Ok to still think Adkins is a twat then?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
These saints threads have generally been a bore, but I have had a few LOL's at the priceless list of excuses for that lot finishing several hectars behind us in the League.
Lets have a summary.

1. Saints arn't used to playing on League One pitches, whereas we are more accustomed to them as we've been down here a while
2. Saints have had lots of injuries, but we havn't
3. Saints sacked their manager
4. Their owner died
5. We've been lucky and had good fortune as far as bookings are concerned
6. Saints failed to hit the ground running and picked up only 5 points from the first 21. If they'd got 14-16 points from the first 7 games then Saturday would be a 6-pointer.
7. Saints had a bad day up front against us, otherwise they'd have won by 2 or 3
8. We did a lot of timewasting
9. Gus has been at the Albion a year longer than Adkins has been at Saints
10. The head-to-heads of South Coast clubs has yet to be decided, if Saints win at Withdean then they are the best. We may have won the League, but we are nowhere near being the best team on the south coast

:clap:
I have never read a more deluded slab of CLAPTRAP on the interbob than the one on that Echo thread.
Well done everyone.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
but if they win on Saturday, then they are in facts champions of the entire south coast.

what absolute, no mark, backward, yokel nobbers

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I remember the scum on the last day of the season 2005 against WBA played shite just cos of the Redknapp thing. Maybe Albion have more integrity than the P**pey.

A Saints fan complaining about the integrity of a football match they're not involved in, in the last game of the season, the result of which directly affects their fate?

Oh, the sweet, sweet irony :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Rather than upset a few people by starting a new SCC thread just thought I'd all this.

Gus 'taunts' Stains

Apparently stating the obvious is a taunt, oh well at least he didn't call them deluded shitheads.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Given that extensive list of excuses, you've just got to love the fact that one of their fans is on here calling US "fantasists".

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Doesnt explain the endless Saints threads all season.
Most of the Southampton threads have started due to comments made by your manager (although in this case a player) about us. :shrug:

On the other hand I think yesterday's Argus was the first time Gus has mentioned the word 'Southampton' since November.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
How about if you recognised what Adams did for us 1st time around but never really warmed to his abrasive small man attitude? Is it Ok to still think Adkins is a twat then?

Think what you like...Personally I do not think he displayed a "small man attitude" first time round and the only think that slightly irked me was the "promotion would look good on my CV" comments he made a few times. Although to be fair, I do not begrudge him putting that CV to good use as 10 years later we are still at Withdean. His second coming was a disaster and he demonstrated all the hallmarks of a man who has really had his fill of football management...Plus the fact the game has clearly moved on and seemed to have left him behind.

What is bizarre though is that he is still going on in football management!

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
There shouldn't be any animosity between the two clubs. It was only a few years ago we were getting along fine at the last game at the Dell.

Seriously though, if you win on Saturday and Hudders win, I would still feel confident as long as you beat Hudders too. Cos if that were to happen we could still afford another slip up.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Seriously though, if you win on Saturday and Hudders win, I would still feel confident as long as you beat Hudders too. Cos if that were to happen we could still afford another slip up.

My money's on a nil nil draw.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
There shouldn't be any animosity between the two clubs. It was only a few years ago we were getting along fine at the last game at the Dell.

Well I certainly feel animosity towards the third best team on the south coast, in fact I can't stand them.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we are not champions for no reason , we will TONK them 3-1......bit of a worry not having gordon available , can see them trying to provoke adam and elph to get them red carded , just a funny feeling i have...!

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
This quote from a hopeful Adam Lallana recognises Southampton's only chance of beating us is if we have a bad day:

“They have already been crowned as champions, so hopefully they have had a heavy week and we will catch them on a bad afternoon,”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here