Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogant Saints fans (again)

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Before people are quick to slag off the post starter for another saints thread, there are some CRACKING comments on there!

Quite enjoy the bloke who says we're only ahead of them because we've adjusted to the pitches away from home due to being in the division for so long. Saints meanwhile (according to him) have the best home record (despite 3 defeats) and are only behind us as this is only their second season in League 1......

Jesus wept.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
oh, and apparently Brighton want Saints to go up as we'll do better financially - we'll struggle to atrract crowds otherwise.

Give ME strength!!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
you have got to laugh at some of this shit

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Am I really the only one that well and truly doesn't give a flying monkeys what the f*** Saints think, say or do!?

Yes Adkins is a twat, he made himself look like a right tool from his "if they can keep up with us" comment but honestly lads...

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS :clap:

They're not the ones that won the league, just sore losers. AWAH! We'll be the one that will be enjoying the Championship next season much more than they will. That is that, now can we please move on and just look forward to the game this weekend rather than just state the obvious :facepalm:?!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
To be fair to them, once you get past the first few comments there is a lot of praise for us on there too. It seems our fans have selective reading when it comes to the Saints.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Why go and read comments on a daily echo article?! It proves just one thing - some fans have a very low IQ. All clubs have their fair share. Some of these posters are probably no more than 14 years old.

But seriously, why go fishing for shit just so you can start yet another thread about it?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
oh who honestly cares -.- they are allowed an opinion, yes it may be wrong but it is their opinion -.-

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I didn't even get half way down with these pearls, I am not going to say another word after this, not 1 on saints anymore, I am getting sick of it as well, If you read this selction of their comments, don't get angry or rise to it, get behind the lads on Saturday and do as we've done all year, cheer on our brilliant team to victrory and PROVE we are the best team in this league and deserve to be where we are on merit....nuff said

"Brighton are good and profit from being consistent. BUT they are most certainly NOT better than us."

"BrightonNeil, most of us on here don't give a flying fig about your little team."

"we are a better team than Brighton and this will be shown next season when we are both in the Championship. The reason we have struggled in some of the "smaller clubs" games, is due to having to play on less than perfect pitches. Brighton are well equipped for these pitches having had plenty of experience of the past few seasons. Saints only have a squad that is fit to play on Premiership/Championship pitches"

"Some of the Brighton comments have been unfair - the table doesn't lie and we're paying for a poor start. Really looking forward to Saturday - win there and we'll be on our way and we will finish much higher than Brighton in the Championship".

"yes we do know brighton are a better 3rd division side ,but they have been here 5 years"

"We are Southampton, We dont care about you!"

"Doesn't matter how good you think you are, it must have been a certain amount of luck involved, you did not get any critical injuries to key players, you kept good discipline or had good fortune"

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Southampton had a poor start to the season (P8 W2 D2 L4) whereas we had a great start (P8 W5 D2 L1). Since then, we haven't just maintained the lead built in the first eight matches, but actually increased it. The idea that, now they've got their house in order, they'e been as good as we have been, is a myth.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The point I'm been trying to make on here over the last years is this attitude is hardly unique to this season. I've been an avid reader or their various forums since they dropped out the Premiership. I'm interested in the reaction of fans as they particular drop out of the Premier League.

Sadly the original forum is no more, but a particular vintage year was the season they dropped out of the Premiership. The very league they aspire to be in now, was considered particular beneath them. Threads along the lines of "next season in the premiership.." were hardly uncommon.

So I refuse to apologise for mentioning them again, they're attitude has been on my radar for years.

I frequently read the Leeds forum who I consider to be a proper big top league league batting well below their average over the last few years. Believe me, they have taken their demise with good grace and have respect for the other teams around them. Albeit, looking over their shoulder when they were promoted, a lot of their fans admitted to enjoying their time in league one. You can't knock their away support can you ?

Not so with Southampton, although they have probably got a bit better recently as the reality of their status as league one side took hold.

Last edited:

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Clapham_gull, you cannot have been following that closely, otherwise you will have picked up on all the self-deprecating posts referring to the deluded "we will walk this league" posts that came ourt at the time. if we ignore the fact that the cyber warriors like us who spout nonsense on these forums are hardly representative of a clubs complete fan base, I challenge the fans of any club to spend 27 years in the top flight and not to be deluded into thinking they are a cut above the league they just dropped in to. Brighton fans will be just the same should it happen to them.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Clapham_gull, you cannot have been following that closely, otherwise you will have picked up on all the self-deprecating posts referring to the deluded "we will walk this league" posts that came ourt at the time.

Thanks for confirming what I posted.

Of course some saner fans probably realised that after skirting with relegation for most of those 27 years, an instant return to the Premier League was far was nailed on.

Unfortunately after getting fat on too many years of mediocrity and doing just enough, many fans thought such an application would guarantee promotion.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Lol. Find all these threads so amusing. Id love to know what would happen if we were sniffing their arsess. But we'd have page after page about us being inferior to them but we'll never find out.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Take all with a pinch of salt,this Saturday is our first pre-season friendly. The surpise was....Harding in the PFA team....what's going on?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I rarely get involved with these Stains threads, but love reading them nevertheless! But hats off to the OP for this one... there is some classic confusion, I find it funnier than anything we can say about them.

Anyway keep up the Stains threads and I'll keep reading them! :lolol:

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Unfortunately after getting fat on too many years of mediocrity and doing just enough, many fans thought such an application would guarantee promotion.
I wouldn't describe 27 years in PL as mediocrity regardless of whether or not it included struggles against relegation. Would you? What is that saying about all the other clubs in the next two tiers during that time, including Brighton? Sub-mediocre? Harsh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here