Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

arrogance on westhamonline.net re: cms....

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Amazing how a thread changes,WHU were singing CMS praises when they thought they were favourites to sign him...as soon as they heard we have signed him their posts were..."Never wanted him anyway" "He is only a third division striker."Bad move,"Brighton will go down this season" "Not ambitious enough for WHU"....DOH!

wakokid

Jun 10, 2011
Lancing
They just don't get it do they? A player actually wants to join a club because they are a nice club with a future (AND a history) not just for MONEY!! West ham and Leicester fans who know f*** all about our club... they no nothing of our history or the transformation we are going through. They'll find out soon enough...

wakokid

Jun 10, 2011
Lancing
They just don't get it do they? A player actually wants to join a club because they are a nice club with a future (AND a history) not just for MONEY!! West ham and Leicester fans who know f*** all about our club... they no nothing of our history or the transformation we are going through. They'll find out soon enough...

Sorry I meant to say 'Know nothing of etc' my spelling goes downhill when I'm angry grrrr

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
West Ham, a club with serious financial issues, two clowns in the board room and now allegations of dodgy dealings over their proposed stadium move, SCC, a team who's sugar daddy has passed on so their all expenses ride has dried up, also like West Pork they have fans who see promotion as nailed on. Leicester City, a club that over achieved last season with possibly the most overrated manager in this league, their fans too expect to go up. Both Leicester and SCC have lived beyond their means in the pas as indeed West Pork still are. QPR, good manager who's position is being undermined by his board and despite their Premier League status a small club with a tatty little ground.

Brighton, brand new state of the art stadium, dynamic manager, chairman who is prepared to spend his own money to see his club get into the Premier sooner rather than later. Lastly, fans who hope that we do well but don't demand it.

And some people wonder why he joined us (Palace fans now know why Glenn Murray plays for them).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

They also have short memories. Only 6 years ago we played West Ham in the league and took 4 points off of them and more recently came back from 2-0 down to beat Leicester 3-2 taking 4 points off them for the season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was wondering last night if the leicester, west ham and qpr fans would be as disappointed as we would expect them to be, since their attentions would have been on their own divisions last year so perhaps they wouldn't be as familiar with him as we would, as league one fans last year.

If they had got him, would they have been as excited to sign him as we are?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't particularly blame West Ham (or any other fans) for being surprised at this move, they have every reason to think we are a small club as to all intents and purposes we have been for the thick end of 15-20 years.

Even many Brighton fans were shocked (albeit happily so) at this move, so it's a mindset change all round, we'll adjust first, others will take longer to catch up. I certainly think this move will look less of a shock in three years' time, probably less than that.

CMS just comes out of this very well, it is very easy for a player to go for the established 'bigger' club rather than take a punt on the up-and-comer, all credit to him, and it's a shame more don't do the same.

In the same way we are getting used to our improved status, West Ham are going to have to get used to their new reduced status despite their big support. They shelled out stupid money for people like Upson who should have gone elsewhere for footballing reasons, that club have ruined him and made him a greedy, overweight liability.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I know, it's hilarious. I get that all the time at work. But it mainly comes from 20-35 something fans who really don't get that there's more to football that settling down in front of Sky each sunday with their bottle of WKD and Doritoes to get upset at finishing 3rd (THIRD FFS!) each season and moaning about only (ONLY!) getting to the semi-final of the champions league each season. I pity that generation in all honesty. But those aged 35+ have been given a sharp reminder today that Brighton really are one of the last sleeping giants - at least one that's been nigh on in a coma for 2 decades whilst the game's changed beyond all recognition. That aged group have been saying, well, I remember when etc and you've had big support in the past so it doesn't surprise me etc etc.

Regardless, I've been crowing all day and enjoying our spot in the sun. Loved every second of it after years of dogs abuse from the plastics, they've all begrudingly had to show some respect and are now believing there's some truth in old Uncle Portlocks fairytales of yesteryear. Whispers around the coffee machine abounded e.g. "I've looked online, and he's right, they did once make it to the FA Cup final" "they've been in the top division before you know," "crikey, did you know they used to get 25k+ crowds relatively recently," "I noticed they had an impressive record against Liverpool when they were kings of europe," "blimey, they once played Real Madrid you know" "have you seen some of their ex-players, not just Booby Zamora..."etc etc.

Ow how they mocked me many years ago when I said "if we build it, they will come," and "BHA are potentially one of the biggest clubs outside the Premiership and might just be there if we can only get planning permission". Well today, they basically sat up and finally took notice. Brighton are BACK and no mistake. Thank you Tony Bloom. The rest of the pack are worried, and they've every right to be.

Pics?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here