Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

arrogance on westhamonline.net re: cms....

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
From Saintsweb.....He's a league 1 player joining a championship team that will be hoping to stave off relegation, we're after championship players that will help us gain promotion and can play at the highest level. CMS obviously doesn't have the drive to go to a top team and fight for a place, worried about his own abilities perhaps, gone to a team that has guarenteed him a start.

KNOB HEADS ALL OF THEM, if SCC had signed CMS they would be raving as per the Echo in Jan when they put in a bid.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
From Saintsweb.....He's a league 1 player joining a championship team that will be hoping to stave off relegation, we're after championship players that will help us gain promotion and can play at the highest level. CMS obviously doesn't have the drive to go to a top team and fight for a place, worried about his own abilities perhaps, gone to a team that has guarenteed him a start.

Their ignorance and arogance astounds me every day. I hope we smash westham, palace and scc next season. Nothing more nothing less just 18points from them.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just had a scan over on the Palace boards and there are palace fans sending out warnings to us about spending and finance and how we can't sustain it etc etc I think the irony of that coming from Palace fans is completely lost on them, its like listening to Ian Huntley give a lecture on the dangers of peadophiles.

I was on BBS (the Palace forum) earlier and got shouted down for saying we will (probably) have bigger revenue streams than the majority of the Championship this season. So we are looking at 12/13 clubs. I expect us to sell out for much of the season and our average attendance will put us 8th (assuming we do sell out). Obviously there are mitigating factors, but I dare say that we will take more cash than a huge amount of teams in the league.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I think selling out for the entire season will depend on the teams progress....I am not tempting fate!!

Just keeping fingers crossed for top half!!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Don't worry about Southampton they are just upset as the only activity they have had is fat Lambert signing a contract extension. Add to that Sharpe rejecting them and its no wonder the green eyed monster is coming out over our signings so far

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I was on BBS (the Palace forum) earlier and got shouted down for saying we will (probably) have bigger revenue streams than the majority of the Championship this season. So we are looking at 12/13 clubs. I expect us to sell out for much of the season and our average attendance will put us 8th (assuming we do sell out). Obviously there are mitigating factors, but I dare say that we will take more cash than a huge amount of teams in the league.
If the commercial side is run properly, we'll make more than ANY other side.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Don't worry about Southampton they are just upset as the only activity they have had is fat Lambert signing a contract extension. Add to that Sharpe rejecting them and its no wonder the green eyed monster is coming out over our signings so far

haha never a truer word spoken....I aqm quickly growing to hate SCC and everything they preach!!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Hammers fans, and I've formed this opinion over last couple decades not this afternoon, no jack shit about football on average. And they're more fickle than almost any other clubs fans I know. e.g. they booed and hissed about Zamora, to Fulham's gain, even when he single handedly propelled them to the Premiership. And a bit like today when all the top 4 premiership fans were saying Craig who? and West Ham will still walk this division I reminded them that they didn't the last time they were in the Championship. But they did go up the following season...after winning the play offs....

Arseholes the lot of 'em. Still banging on about 1960s team half a CENTURY later. It's embarrassing.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
so many other football fans compare us to our past, and not on our bright future, the one that keeps making me laugh is the half full stadium lol

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Where I work in Manchester, they do that...although I get the feeling they are beginning to sit up and notice something is happening! This news today is a big step and a message to those people who look at us as a small club. I honestly believe this opinion needs to remain and work in our favour! :thumbsup:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
They mention Gudjohnsen a fair bit on that board. Wouldn't it be a shame if we beat them to that signature as well...

Not that I think we need another striker, but it would be bloody funny.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Interesting to read of Scum fans getting twitchy about their lack of transfer activity and pondering whether Adkins lacks the charisma to attract players?

Clearly Gus has what it takes.....long may it continue.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
chim chim-in-ey chim chim-in-ey chim chim cher-oo
Craig Mackail chose us
and not fuckin you!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Note of caution:

It's easy to go on other clubs messageboards and pick out all the comments from the dickheads and wierdos while ignoring any reasonable stuff. There's plenty on this site that other fans could rib us about.

Best to ignore it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
chim chim-in-ey chim chim-in-ey chim chim cher-oo
Craig Mackail chose us
and not fuckin you!

:laugh:

I like one thing about all these twats on other boards... they're talking about us, derogatory or otherwise. All publicity is good publicity.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I WANT us to be the poor little club thats just been promoted because next season we are going to cause problems...Im not for one minute saying promotion or that we will wipe the floor as its a hard league with some quality teams..... but I think a few clubs in that league are underestimating what we may go and do haha!!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
so many other football fans compare us to our past, and not on our bright future, the one that keeps making me laugh is the half full stadium lol

I know, it's hilarious. I get that all the time at work. But it mainly comes from 20-35 something fans who really don't get that there's more to football that settling down in front of Sky each sunday with their bottle of WKD and Doritoes to get upset at finishing 3rd (THIRD FFS!) each season and moaning about only (ONLY!) getting to the semi-final of the champions league each season. I pity that generation in all honesty. But those aged 35+ have been given a sharp reminder today that Brighton really are one of the last sleeping giants - at least one that's been nigh on in a coma for 2 decades whilst the game's changed beyond all recognition. That aged group have been saying, well, I remember when etc and you've had big support in the past so it doesn't surprise me etc etc.

Regardless, I've been crowing all day and enjoying our spot in the sun. Loved every second of it after years of dogs abuse from the plastics, they've all begrudingly had to show some respect and are now believing there's some truth in old Uncle Portlocks fairytales of yesteryear. Whispers around the coffee machine abounded e.g. "I've looked online, and he's right, they did once make it to the FA Cup final" "they've been in the top division before you know," "crikey, did you know they used to get 25k+ crowds relatively recently," "I noticed they had an impressive record against Liverpool when they were kings of europe," "blimey, they once played Real Madrid you know" "have you seen some of their ex-players, not just Booby Zamora..."etc etc.

Ow how they mocked me many years ago when I said "if we build it, they will come," and "BHA are potentially one of the biggest clubs outside the Premiership and might just be there if we can only get planning permission". Well today, they basically sat up and finally took notice. Brighton are BACK and no mistake. Thank you Tony Bloom. The rest of the pack are worried, and they've every right to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here