Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Armistice Day: protesters burn poppy - Telegraph

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
They were not arrested purely because they broke no laws, very disrespectful yes and a pure pisstake of the fact we fought two wars for freedom of speech!!!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
They were not arrested purely because they broke no laws, very disrespectful yes and a pure pisstake of the fact we fought two wars for freedom of speech!!!
I've said on another thread, do people really think that the average man in the street was enthused by lofty ideals such as the preservation of free speech when answering the call to arms in the world wars ? of course not, they fought to stop this country being invaded by the germans , i can imagine the vast majority would be more than happy to see these toerags get a good shoeing regardless of their 'right to free speech'

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Twats. Remembrance day is not about governments, it's about remembering those who gave everything.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
One word and it would be Scum.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
see post immediately below yours.

I don't seem to remember mentioning lofty ideals in my post - just a generalisation about freedoms. You can quite happily include the freedom to not be rounded up and murdered by Nazis in that if you wish.

I should perhaps have elaborated that the protesters had missed the irony of what they were protesting about... and that they were damn lucky that the police were there to keep away the people who take exception to that sort of disrespect.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I've said on another thread, do people really think that the average man in the street was enthused by lofty ideals such as the preservation of free speech when answering the call to arms in the world wars ? of course not, they fought to stop this country being invaded by the germans , i can imagine the vast majority would be more than happy to see these toerags get a good shoeing regardless of their 'right to free speech'

See post above and I agree they deserve a good shoeing but I could never condone the actual act of violence:wink:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Surely starting a fire to burn the poppy, especially on the day they did, is a breach of the 'Public Order'?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Surely starting a fire to burn the poppy, especially on the day they did, is a breach of the 'Public Order'?

What law? The nearest I can think of would be section 4 of the Public order. Alarm, harrasment or distress?

Be interesting to get Collar Feeler or Edna's professional view on this!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What law? The nearest I can think of would be section 4 of the Public order. Alarm, harrasment or distress?

Be interesting to get Collar Feeler or Edna's professional view on this!

That Law! I thought Public Order Act would cover it!

Surely it causes 'distress'?

Yoda

English & European
"We want the Government to pull the troops out from these countries and to stop interfering in our affairs."

Why doesn't they f*** OFF and live there then if it's 'their affairs'.

Edit: Does it show that grated a nerve? :lolol:

Last edited:

I assume you would feel exactly the same if the facsists who lay wreaths on this day also got a good shoeing then?

Hmmmm, thought not for some reason.

Hypocrite? You? Just a little.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I assume you would feel exactly the same if the facsists who lay wreaths on this day also got a good shoeing then?

Hmmmm, thought not for some reason.

Hypocrite? You? Just a little.
What the f*** are you on about ?:laugh: As i've stated , i can imagine that the vast majority of those who fought in both world wars did so to stop us being invaded, by germans, doubt they gave a shit if they were nazis or not, and that they'd be happy to see the muslims who burnt the poppy get a good shoeing, what on earth have fascists laying wreaths got to do with this singular act ?

Bit simple, find grasping concepts a little taxing , you? Just a little.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here