Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arise Sir BEEFY

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ian Botham knighted.

WHICH NSC'er was the first person who told Beefy that he had been selected to play for England when Somerset were playing Sussex in a JPS game at Hove in 1978??

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
not quick enough

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/england/content/story/298185.html

44286.jpg

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Anyone else a bit COCKED OFF that the self publicist TWAT has clearly LEAKED news of his honour to the PAPERS?

Is nothing SACRED any more?

Well done DAVID STARKEY CBE as well.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Anyone else a bit COCKED OFF that the self publicist TWAT has clearly LEAKED news of his honour to the PAPERS?

Is nothing SACRED any more?

Well done DAVID STARKEY CBE as well.

The papers already knew who was on the list though. He has raised £10million for ChARIDEE, and he did BEAST the convicts in 1981 whilst shagging barmaids and sniffing WEED, so he is a GEEZER in my books.

Can never see the point od Knighting a sportsman, its not actually a commitment to the state or towards a public service, the honours are now a real mockery.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
If we are going to have this stupid honours system - they may as well give them to people who have brought a lot of pleasure to the country and done a lot of good. A true hero (flaws and all).

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am pretty chuffed for beefy, he was one of my sporting heroes as a kid, at least we can say that he used his privelaged position to help others...there are plenty of so called sports stars these days who are just in it for themselves.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ian Botham knighted.

WHICH NSC'er was the first person who told Beefy that he had been selected to play for England when Somerset were playing Sussex in a JPS game at Hove in 1978??

As the answers to all your questions are YOU, can I take a guess at YOU?

Ian Botham knighted.

I think I know this herbert but I haven't seen him for years!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can never see the point od Knighting a sportsman, its not actually a commitment to the state or towards a public service, the honours are now a real mockery.

If you are knighting them for doing their job - ie the sport bit, then I see your point.

Has Botham not got his for services to charity though?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why the sudden anti-Botham feeling on here?

It is what happens when a Brit/Englishman wins something prestigious. We must be world champions when it comes to complaining and moaning.

Beefy used his position to make millions for charity. He deserves this award. Look at many of the Premiership stars. I don't see many of them going out of their way to make money for charity, unless they are plugging a book or get a free D&G/Versace goodie bag.

Nowt againgst Botham, just I think nonours should be givenout to people who really have devoted their lives. E.G people who risk their lives for this country and/or people, people who do charity work on a day to day basis, people who devote themselves for the good of people or this country.

LC

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nowt againgst Botham, just I think nonours should be givenout to people who really have devoted their lives. E.G people who risk their lives for this country and/or people, people who do charity work on a day to day basis, people who devote themselves for the good of people or this country.

LC

Agreed. I think 99% of the sporting/entertainment knighthoods are undeserved. Elton John? Cliff Richard? Harry Secombe? You might as well give one to Michael Barrymore. At least Botham was genuinely great in his profession (as opposed to say Geoff Hurst) and has since raised millions of pounds for charity so he is perhaps more deserving than most others.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As Uncle Spielberg to tell you what he thinks of Ian Botham, the man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here