Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus reader Angie lays into Seagulls Party...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Her comment is near the bottom...

"How much longer are we going to have to listen to this garbage put about by these football supporters with their ridiculous claims for a new stadium. The local football team is exactly that, local, not of any national importance barely any of local importance, their recent form gives the lie that they can benefit the city to any extent. No one except the daftest wants to go and watch a bunch of deadbeats. Putting up a party to protest about the lack of a stadium is childish, wasteful and makes a mockery of local democracy. Give it a rest, stop whining about what you haven't got and aren't likely to get and get a life.
A new stadium will help the city. Yeah, as if!"

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/localnews/display.var.1379254.0.0.php

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Wow. That lady SERIOUSLY needs to get laid.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
ANGIE IS A f***ing BITCH

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Originally posted by That Stupid Sex Starved Angie Woman
Putting up a party to protest about the lack of a stadium is childish, wasteful and makes a mockery of local democracy.

How can creating the Seagulls Party make a mockery of local democracy? Surely being able to do that is a perfect example of democracy at work isn't it?

Yet another moron makes print.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
For every action there's a reaction and thats what your doing right now! FFS it's a post by someone and you all need pulling down from the ceiling! Ignorance is bliss.

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
does she have nothing better to do?, and does she really think that anyone gives a f*** about her opinion anyway

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Fantastic reply:clap:

Our recent form is due to the fact that our promising youth players are sold off in an effort to stay solvent, whilst crippling costs of the prolonged planning process AND renting an athletics stadium continue to batter the club.
I am obviously daft as I have attended most home games this season and a few away. It is not about instant glory, but supporting the team through the thick and thin. It may not be your cup of tea, but Football attracts a huge following all around the globe.

Setting up the Seagulls Party makes a mockery of local democracy?! As opposed to LDC 'investing'/wasting thousands of pounds without consulting their electorate?

As for benefitting the city - remind me what makes Brighton tick? Visitors/tourism and so on...

You have also obviously ignored the huge amount of work and many successes achieved by Albion in the Community.

You may be getting sick of the fans moaning that we haven't got our stadium yet. Well, we (collectively) get extremely fed up with the anti-football lobby who fail to make any sort of discernable objections and refuse to see the benefits that a stadium can bring to a city.

You may find us loathsome, but I couldn't give two figs. I am now turning myn attention to our other team to be proud of. Shame Sussex have started the season so badly! Oh well - all part of the rollercoaster ride.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Barrel of Fun said:
Her comment is near the bottom...

"How much longer are we going to have to listen to this garbage put about by these football supporters with their ridiculous claims for a new stadium. The local football team is exactly that, local, not of any national importance barely any of local importance, their recent form gives the lie that they can benefit the city to any extent. No one except the daftest wants to go and watch a bunch of deadbeats. Putting up a party to protest about the lack of a stadium is childish, wasteful and makes a mockery of local democracy. Give it a rest, stop whining about what you haven't got and aren't likely to get and get a life.
A new stadium will help the city. Yeah, as if!"

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/localnews/display.var.1379254.0.0.php
Shhhhhh - a Liberal Democrat speaks
cgon99l.jpg

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Re: Re: Argus reader Angie lays into Seagulls Party...

Rangdo said:
How can creating the Seagulls Party make a mockery of local democracy? Surely being able to do that is a perfect example of democracy at work isn't it?

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

These types of letters are surely the work of some wind up merchant.

Why would any sane person waste time and effort in writing something that they clearly no nothing about.

Surely she must realise she is now going to be publically humilated by those who DO know what they are talking about !

I've had my say ...

Putting up a party to protest about the lack of a stadium is childish, wasteful and makes a mockery of local democracy.
That's plainly not the view of the electorate in the four wards where The Seagulls Party put up candidates.

In Lewes Bridge, we polled more votes than the Labour candidates, the Conservative candidates and the Green Party candidates. We beat Labour, Conservatives and UKIP in Lewes Priory ward. In Newhaven Denton & Meeching, more votes than Labour, the Greens and one of the Tories. And in Ouse Valley & Ringmer, my vote was up by 30 per cent compared with the by-election last year.

Getting the votes of a quarter of the people who turn out at a local election is no mockery.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
must be doing something right otherwise she would not be moaning so much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here