Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus - Murray, Hoskins and Buckley ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Possibly see it as his last chance and take it. Who else fits the bill of an experienced big striker near retiring for 1 season as a plan b if all football fails.

Jason Roberts? Chris Iwelumo? David Nugent? Rob Hulse? Nathan Ellington?

Viva Calderon

Apr 29, 2010
Argus this morning is carrying the story that Gus is planning for life without Murray but further down mentioned we are still in the lead to get Hoskins for about £500k + Add-ons. Also mentions that we've had a bid for Will Buckley from Watford turned down, not seen his name mentioned previously.

Ok so Glenn Murray came good this season with a bucket full of goals But if the rumours are true? and palarse are in the lead to sign him, then where are Glenns Brains? and where for that will palase borrow the money to pay his wages etc etc with there down & out credit rating? Glenn must like playing at athletic stadiums as it is widely know that palarse are trying to move back to thier Original Ground (Crystal Palace FC plan return to historic home - AFL Architects
) ( Eagles announce plans to move to new stadium at Crystal Palace Park - Eagles announce plans to move to new stadium at Crystal Palace Park From Croydon Guardian) ) Which as far as is known, for them to do as we did at Withdean, play at the athletics track while they Try to raise the Money to build the new stadium and then get planning permission and then build it ??? thought they were deep in debt & almost going to the wall and only just kept themselves in the Championship.. Well all I can say is that Glenn needs his Bumps felt ?? as I would have thought for him it would have been a no Brainer to stay with the Albion, and at the Amex and prove him self in the Championship next season?
All I can say is that in his quest to get More Money, Money, Money! I hope it does not bring him down to earth with a great Big Bump and end up out on loan to Hereford or Lincoln City etc !! One man don't make a team and no one man is Bigger than Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club ( Well apart from Gus "lol" ) So Good Luck Glenn in what ever you decide to do But I think your a Fool if you don't Stay at Brighton !!

Watford4ever

Jan 9, 2011
Buckley is a typical winger...good pace and sometimes uses that to positive effect creating chances but he can also be rather frustrating like any young wide man is!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we sign Buckley to play on the right wing it will allow Benno to play through the middle feeding the strikers and Calde not running his nuts off up and down the wing.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
quite like the sound of this buckley chap

lord buckley...... any valuables to deposit lord buckley .... any ..... BRICKS

tve7172-00000001-118.gif

No, this is Will Buckley, I remember him from Thats Life:

thats_life_tv000220676_368x450.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A Watford fan of my acquaintance rates Buckley very highly and estimates it would take a seven figure bid for Watford to be tempted.

Buckley is a typical winger...good pace and sometimes uses that to positive effect creating chances but he can also be rather frustrating like any young wide man is!

Yes, those young wide-boys can be a little frustrating.,but as long as you`re firm and know how to handle them they can really be worth the effort.(I think it was Tony Millard who told me that)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Potential deal delayed until Watford hit their target for season ticket sales apparently. Same for Graham's potential move to QPR.
They don't want to put fans off by publicising that some of their prize assets may not be there for the new season.

(source Watford forums & local press)

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
"I fully expect Brighton to go up either as Champions or runners-up"? Bloody hell, do they know something we don't?! Never, in my time supporting the Albion, have we ever been considered favourites to gain promotion to the TOP FLIGHT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here