Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus letter today - Unreal

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Why do you lot let it bother you? A letter printed in the Argus is not going to make a difference for fucks sake. If people believe that, then let them. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
bhanutz said:
Why do you lot let it bother you? A letter printed in the Argus is not going to make a difference for fucks sake. If people believe that, then let them. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Still trying to prove that you're a :tosser:?

Should it ever go to a referendum we need people to know the truth. :rolleyes:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
As I said a letter in the Argus will make no difference. Believe me. Referendum or not and most probably NOT!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
One letter will not make a difference... a (incorrect) general public perception that we are raping the downs and/or a beautiful duck-pond-endowed village could make a difference...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
bhanutz said:
As I said a letter in the Argus will make no difference. Believe me. Referendum or not and most probably NOT!

If everyone took the attitude of not correcting someone when they are clearly wrong, then the whole system would come crashing down. Important to right a few wrongs along the way.

The club said keep the letters going in so.....

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
If everyone took the attitude of not correcting someone when they are clearly wrong, then the whole system would come crashing down. Important to right a few wrongs along the way.

The club said keep the letters going in so.....

Spot on, BoF!...

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Curious Orange said:
I couldn't let that one go, so I've just pinged off a letter to the Argus. So if you see a letter from some berk in Guildford it isn't me, right.

;)

(oh, and I didn't mention "Falmer" once)

Well, The Argus printed my letter today. The buggers replaced all my references to 'the Brighton University site' with Falmer, and after I'd so carefully avoided mentioning it too!!

:glare:

Letter: Not so beautiful

It is nice to know JM Hawkins of Shoreham (Letters, June 19) has paid no attention to the public inquiries into the proposed stadium at Falmer nor to the basic geography of the site.

It beggars belief he can suggest building the stadium at Toads Hole Valley, which is entirely within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), instead of the Falmer site, which isn't.

To suggest one AONB is more important than another and that planning policy should apply to only one of them is ludicrous.

Also, in the unlikely event the National Park does eventually come to fruition, the level of protection it offers is no greater than for an AONB, so the Inspector's recommendation that Falmer is the only viable site in Brighton and Hove for a stadium would still stand.

When JM Hawkins says of Toads Hole Valley, "It can hardly be described as being of outstanding natural beauty nowadays", he just makes me laugh, as it is even more true of Falmer, which is also south of the A27.

How I delight at the way the A27 sweeps majestically through the middle of the nearby village and marvel at the architectural delights of the University of Brighton buildings, the picturesque muddy field, and Southern Water's beautiful premises.

Has he been there recently? Finally, I'd like to ask: Would Mr Hawkins be so supportive of Lewes District Council (LDC) if he was one of their taxpayers?

After all, they didn't actually need to go to the High Court to challenge the Deputy Prime Minister's decision.

Permission could have been quashed already and the process of drawing up a new decision from scratch begun, bringing with it the opportunity to consider the evidence from the planning inquiries and new evidence as well.

I'd be pretty annoyed myself at this waste of money, particularly if the decision to go ahead with the challenge was made behind closed doors and LDC hadn't bothered to canvas the electorates' opinion on the subject.

-Andrew Palmer, Guildford

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Well said Mr Orange. I was just reading your letter and chuckled to myself.

I really can't see how he bases his own planning 'permission' on the words "..hardly described.." etc.

We will beat these nimby's down. More will crop up, but we will beat them down too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here