Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you watching Glenn Murray

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does anyone else think Murray wanted to stay but we couldn't meet his wage demands?

As I posted on another thread on the same subject my son was told by a client of his, reputedly a close associate, not in football terms but personally with one of the management team, although they do talk football, that Glenn Murray was told that if we sign the striker we are after he would only make the bench, so he chose to look elsewhere. We shall just have to be patient and see what signings are made. If this is true it is understandable why Gus and TB wouldnt increase their wage offer.

Last edited:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I'm sure Murray is enjoying a nice holiday and looking forward to kissing the badge in front of you clowns in legoland, in your very brief sojourn to a league thats above your natural level.

Never mind, there's always Crawley the year after, when Murray will once again face Bennett in the premier league.

Small time club with a flat pack stadium 7000 muppets and 11000 Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU fans...... and your 2 best players jump. HaHaHaHa

You need to look in the mirror you little prick. Your stadium is falling down and your attendances are dropping year on year for the past 6 or so years.

The only reason Judas chose your club was for the cash and nothing else, seriously don't delude yourself in thinking you are the bigger club any more because sunshine you are NOT. We now have a bigger support and fan base.

So as you run along with a boot up your arse..... See you next season!

Eastbourne

Jun 4, 2011
You need to look in the mirror you little prick. Your stadium is falling down and your attendances are dropping year on year for the past 6 or so years.

The only reason Judas chose your club was for the cash and nothing else, seriously don't delude yourself in thinking you are the bigger club any more because sunshine you are NOT. We now have a bigger support and fan base.

We really have to be careful because we don't want to end up with egg on our faces. Palace, as much as we hate them, haven't been in League One for ages (as they are so fond of saying). We've been promoted and our ground is definitely better, but we're still "the new kid" compared to most of the Championship.

Judas probably did sign for them because they offered more, but it was quite worrying that he'd even consider it. It makes me wonder whether they've got more going for them than we give them credit for. I was arguing with a Palace mate earlier, and he said that their average attendance last season had gone up by a thousand or so over last year. He was linking stuff (most of which I couldn't be bothered to read) but they had attendances of 20k+ quite a few times last season and the season before. Obviously those won't compare to ours for a season or so at least.

We're positive because Tony has a lot of money, we've got a new stadium, a bright young manager and good momentum. But we look at Palace and (although I'd never admit this in person) they've got more money, a very successful academy, plans for a new stadium, a bright young manager who loves their club and -what seems to be- a solid plan for the future.

Next season I hope we do well, but we need to be realistic. It's not likely that we're going to be a bigger club than Palace (or many other Championship clubs) for some time. We were nearly in League Two when they were in the Premiership. Obviously our situation has improved massively since then, but they've still got money to spend and let's face it, they're still a bigger club.

Just because we've been promoted to the Championship doesn't mean that we're bigger than the clubs that have already been there for 40 years. It's no wonder that other teams are starting to get annoyed with us, because so many of our fans are going mental. Yes, we can be optimistic. Yes, we can enjoy banter with Palace and other teams. But we can't say that we're a bigger club than them, because we haven't been for quite some time. Please, can we stop with the arrogance and realize that it's probable that the Championship is almost as good as it gets.

Still, let's hope than in 20 years we're challenging with the big boys and they're playing Luton on cold Tuesday nights!

Last edited:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
We really have to be careful because we don't want to end up with egg on our faces. Palace, as much as we hate them, haven't been in League One for ages (as they are so fond of saying). We've been promoted and our ground is definitely better, but we're still "the new kid" compared to most of the Championship.

Judas probably did sign for them because they offered more, but it was quite worrying that he'd even consider it. It makes me wonder whether they've got more going for them than we give them credit for. I was arguing with a Palace mate earlier, and he said that their average attendance last season had gone up for a thousand or so. He was linking stuff (most of which I couldn't be bothered to read) but they had attendances of 20k+ quite a few times last season and the season before. Obviously those won't compare to ours for a season or so at least.

We're positive because Tony has a lot of money, we've got a new stadium, a bright young manager and good momentum. But we look at Palace and (although I'd never admit this in person) they've got more money, a very successful academy, plans for a new stadium, a bright young manager who loves their club and -what seems to be- a solid plan for the future.

Next season I hope we do well, but we need to be realistic. It's not likely that we're going to be a bigger club than Palace (or many other Championship clubs) for some time. We were nearly in League Two when they were in the Premiership. Obviously our situation has improved massively since then, but they've still got money to spend and let's face it, they're still a bigger club.

Just because we've been promoted to the Championship doesn't mean that we're bigger than the clubs that have already been there for 40 years. It's no wonder that other teams are starting to get annoyed with us, because so many of our fans are going mental. Yes, we can be optimistic. Yes, we can enjoy banter with Palace and other teams. But we can't say that we're a bigger club than them, because we haven't been for quite some time. Please, can we stop with the arrogance and realize that it's probable that the Championship is almost as good as it gets.

Still, let's hope than in 20 years we're challenging with the big boys and they're playing Luton on cold Tuesday nights!

Dreadful read and you should be ashamed, that sounds like it was written by a nigel! Go get your fathers gun!!

Bigger club my arse, we have been on an uneven playing surface for years, the shackles are off!

As for a young talented manager for them :lol: That is just a joke, only just kept them up last season.

Eastbourne

Jun 4, 2011
Dreadful read and you should be ashamed, that sounds like it was written by a nigel! Go get your fathers gun!!

Bigger club my arse, we have been on an uneven playing surface for years, the shackles are off!

As for a young talented manager for them :lol: That is just a joke, only just kept them up last season.

It's true that I don't share as much of the hostility between us and Palace as as most Brighton fans do.

We HAVE been on an uneven playing surface for years. Now we are on an even playing surface, but they are experienced pro and we're the up-and-coming amateur.

I've been told that Dougie Freedman kept them up by 6 points last season, but that the damage was done by their previous manager. Apparently they were in a very sorry state between he took over, but after he did they seemed to do alright. They went 10 games without conceding a goal or something like that.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but I think it's more realistic than most. We can't instantly expect to finish in the top half, because there are so many teams competing for places. Every team from Blackpool, Birmingham, West Ham, Reading, Cardiff, Forest, Ipswich, Hull, Middlesbrough, Watford, Leicester and a few others are all thinking about competing for automatic promotion or the play-offs at worst. There are probably 12 or 13 teams in the mix, and we'd do very well to finish above any of them.

Sorry for being so negative, but I can see next season being a REALLY tough ride.

Eastbourne

Jun 4, 2011
For the record, I do not think we will just turn up in the Championship and roll teams over, we certainly wont, but when it comes to pala*se, I will not hear anything else! They are shit, end of.

I understand the hostility, to an extent I agree with it, but we could be in for some serious embarrassment if we come across as that arrogant.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Judas probably did sign for them because they offered more, but it was quite worrying that he'd even consider it. It makes me wonder whether they've got more going for them than we give them credit for. I was arguing with a Palace mate earlier, and he said that their average attendance last season had gone up by a thousand or so over last year. He was linking stuff (most of which I couldn't be bothered to read) but they had attendances of 20k+ quite a few times last season and the season before. Obviously those won't compare to ours for a season or so at least.

Falmer will enable us to become a well established Championship level club-totally disagree that we cannot flirt with/be in the top flight at some point at some stage=Burnley Swansea Reading Blackpool Wigan just five small reasons why we will be there

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Exactly, never out of top 2 divisions and with occasional flirtations with premier league. We are the same As Brighton only 1 division better, than your natural shitty league 1 club with occasional flirtation with championship.

Glenn Murray is ambitious and he jumped ship to a far superior club with better pedigree and much better prospects.

Only your deluded stupid fans fail to see you are a stepping stone club where the shit stays and all good players leg it.

You may have a new ground and money, wooopety doo dah but players see you as the rest of the football world see you.... a tinpot club with some nice new furniture.

You have never and will never be a better proposition than CPFC.

Apart from beating two teams that finished above you,your caravan park,we are a team that has risen through hard work not by welching on our debts,I mean,fancy not paying the St Johns Ambulance service...you are a load of cheating scum,may your balls turn square and fester at the corners.Bet you're bricking it to think that you have to come to the most modern stadium in the country and get thrashed.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

Are you Palarse in disguise..are you Palarse in disguise!!

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
Palace are supposedly only paying £10k per week - Gus (Tony) wouldn't go above 8k. But Murray would have got a signing on bonus with Palace as well.

Hoskins cost £500k on a 2 year deal. Wages (say) £6k per week. Over 2 years it equals over £10k per week. It would have been as cheap to pay Murray £10k. If the wages are more than £6k, then it certainly doesn't make sense to me.

Its not as simple to just give people wages equivalant to their wage worth + transfer savings. That leads to rampant wage inflation, especially as you improve and bring in better players who want to be paid for the level they are within the team.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley

Another internet hardman.:laugh:
Little fact for you sonny boy.Our attendances went UP last year.You have only just managed to fill the withdean when you were running away with the title,another fact.As you say we also have a shit ground but our attendances have not dropped to the pitiful level of yours.Larger fanbase day trippers for one season more like.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Apart from beating two teams that finished above you,your caravan park,we are a team that has risen through hard work not by welching on our debts,I mean,fancy not paying the St Johns Ambulance service...you are a load of cheating scum,may your balls turn square and fester at the corners.Bet you're bricking it to think that you have to come to the most modern stadium in the country and get thrashed.
Us fans paid it Mr. Archers son.As for bricking it yes we are actually terrified.With Das Reich,Bwian and Caveman leading the internet war we are in big trouble.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
EaglesEATseaweed;4147056} club with a flat pack stadium [/QUOTE said:
I'm not gonna get involved in the rest of your ridiculous rant but if you really believe that you are either blind or a moron or more likely a blind moron.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Exactly, never out of top 2 divisions and with occasional flirtations with premier league. We are the same As Brighton only 1 division better, than your natural shitty league 1 club with occasional flirtation with championship.

Glenn Murray is ambitious and he jumped ship to a far superior club with better pedigree and much better prospects.

Only your deluded stupid fans fail to see you are a stepping stone club where the shit stays and all good players leg it.

You may have a new ground and money, wooopety doo dah but players see you as the rest of the football world see you.... a tinpot club with some nice new furniture.

You have never and will never be a better proposition than CPFC.

Anyone else get the impression that Palace fans are worried.

Lets face it, if they had a new ground, shedloads of STH's, a young up and coming manager, and some decent financial backing wouldn't you be worried ?.

I certainly would be. Expect to see a lot more of the pikeys on NSC over the summer as they get more and more concerned about their up and coming battering at the AMEX.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Anyone else get the impression that Palace fans are worried. Terrified

Lets face it, if they had a new ground, shedloads of STH's, a young up and coming manager, and some decent financial backing wouldn't you be worried ?. You have a new ground so do Oxford.One year of glory hunters,we have a good manager,we have enough backing to take the man who was your best player according to you lot on here pre-March.
I certainly would be. Expect to see a lot more of the pikeys on NSC over the summer as they get more and more concerned about their up and coming battering at the AMEX.Is that why so many bandits have been on CPFC.ORG lately?
Clear enough for you dimbo?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You have paid more money for Murray than we would. This is because he will suit your route one football, and Gus has already told him that he won't be a starter if Gus's transfer plans come together, because he won't suit our style.

Clear enough for you dimbo?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Another internet hardman.:laugh:
Little fact for you sonny boy.Our attendances went UP last year.You have only just managed to fill the withdean when you were running away with the title,another fact.As you say we also have a shit ground but our attendances have not dropped to the pitiful level of yours.Larger fanbase day trippers for one season more like.

You are not too bright are you ? Most of the reason that Withdean wasn't filled last season was the simple fact that we didn't get many travelling fans, partly the price but mainly because they knew their team would be beaten. Compare our season ticket sales to yours and tell me who is doing better. As it is most of the reason we despise Palace is because we have been playing on uneven playing fields for some years. The fact is we paid for our field unlike Palace who left many people short (including all tax payers). Every post you make on here makes you look more and more like a typical Palace fan, deluded and retarded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here