Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you offended by half and half scarfs / shirts .....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
HALF-HALF scarfs are great.

Shirts just look totally odd.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The scarves are tat for tourists, like a plastic Union Jack Bowler hat.

The shirts are a creation of twisted individuals.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Usually yes, but not this one from German sixth-tier side Tennis Borussia Berlin, the German Millwall.

View attachment 69690

Ah the quirkiness of lower league German football. There's not too many football teams in the world that started off life being named after the local table tennis society. Or 'Berliner Tennis und Ping-Pong-Gesellschaft Borussia' to give TB Berlin their title in full. I wasn't aware of them being particularly hated though? I thought their lower league rivals BFC Dynamo carried that honour. Being the favoured team of the Stassi back in the day, there's often still pre 1989 old scores settled when they play. A game against Union Berlin Reserves last season played at 12.00 on a Sunday morning turned into a full scale riot in the second half.

Anyway, back to the original question. Yeah, I think half and half are a bit naff although for a souvenir collector they work. I wouldn't wear one personally but each to their own. I must admit to looking for one as a gift (honest) before last seasons champions league final between Juventus & Barcelona at the official merchandise shop. They had none. :cry:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Just another form of merchandising but there should be limits ...

scarf.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A half-and-half scarf marks you out as a tourist.

A half-and-half shirt marks you out as a prick.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Half n half scarfs are for tourists, rarely made by the club sold in the streets around the club by opportunists, and good luck to them if they can find enough mugs to buy one.

Half n half ski hats, from memory, were to show your allegiance to either Celtic of Rangers and were ever more pathetic than half n half scarfs as were the people wearing them.

Half n half shirts can only be the work of the mentally challenged or a drunken dare.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
My littleun who is 8 collects em...well, Chelsea ones, probably has about 30 odd now...I'm just chuffed she is interested in football and anything like this that keeps her interested gets my vote. She loves going to Chelsea and Brighton and long may it continue...

At 8 years old a programme as a souvenir is not very appealing....I'll wean her off the scarves as she gets older...lol....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have a half and half scarf. Brighton & Hove Albion. Thats all you need.

I may be tempted if we ever played in Europe (competitively) as a souvenir of our FIRST ever game v some Latvian side but thats about it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not offended by them but I wouldn't wear one.
Just think they are market stall tat worn by tourists visiting teams like Liverpool, Man Utd etc.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My littleun who is 8 collects em...well, Chelsea ones, probably has about 30 odd now...I'm just chuffed she is interested in football and anything like this that keeps her interested gets my vote. She loves going to Chelsea and Brighton and long may it continue...

At 8 years old a programme as a souvenir is not very appealing....I'll wean her off the scarves as she gets older...lol....

Get her interested in pin badges and save yourself some money. :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BqssisTIUAEm1Tq.jpg

Half and half scarfs are just the thin end of a particularly putrid wedge, which can potentially lead all the way down to something like THIS.

Sick. They must be stopped.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Wean her off Chelsea instead.

You know it makes sense

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A half-and-half scarf marks you out as a tourist.

I will confess to buying a half & half scarf in Portugal when we had our pre-season tour in 2011. We played Olhanense, so that is the other half of the scarf, whilst on the reverse is the Portuguese and British flags respectively.
I suppose I was a tourist, but it is also a great souvenir of a fantastic week, soon followed by the opening of the Amex when we got back.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
no,no, no and no!!!
why would anyone want their team to mixed with another teams???
take that awful (can't bare the embarrassment when other forums latch onto this, shows we really do have many many plastics) shirt, I'm Brighton in my eyes playing Arsenal is nothing special , why? because I'm Brighton I really couldn't give a gonadotropin for any other club!!

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
it's further proof it's football is a media machine and real fans and real football clubs have died!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Of all the issues that the world faces, famine, mass migration of country's populations, global warming, extinction of many species and the tax credit scandal, the half and half scarf is by far the most heinous and revolting crime to be invented by homo sapiens.

Dismemberment whilst still alive of whoever came up with the idea is a wholly inappropriately lenient punishment.

It is a marketing ploy to sell this abomination to the Chinese and Japanese market so they dont have to make their fecking minds up as to who they support from one week to the next.

It should be scoured off the face of the earth and people who but one thinking its "cool" need to be sent to an island in teh pacific ocean and be made to eat grubs for the rest of their lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here