Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you offended by half and half scarfs / shirts .....

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I can't imagine too many of this little beaut were sold:

abomination.jpg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Alternatively, how about this for a symbol of eternal respect and affection between two clubs?

leedmill.jpg

£7 seems great value for an almost inevitable (and deserved) kicking from both sets of fans.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not offended. So if someone wishes me to be offended on their behalf that's fine. Only one person, mind. This is because being offended on two people's behalf means I am deeply offended. This is something I am only willing to be mildly offended by- and only on someone else's behalf.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I have been trying to think of a circumstance in which I might buy one. The best I could come up with is a Middlesbrough/Brighton one at the end of the season, if its purchase would guarantee us automatic promotion.

No, sorry, couldn't do it even then.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd love to own a half and half scarf of Brighton & Real Madrid if we were ever to play them in my lifetime and I attended the game.

I think it would be awesome to tell the kiddies and grandchildren, if they ever arrive, that I was there

Jan 30, 2008

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd love to own a half and half scarf of Brighton & Real Madrid if we were ever to play them in my lifetime and I attended the game.

I think it would be awesome to tell the kiddies and grandchildren, if they ever arrive, that I was there

Why would you need a tacky piece of tinpot junk like a half-and-half to tell them that you were there ? Just tell them about it. You don't need to produce some hastily knocked-out piece of two-bob tat you were suckered into buying on the day to prove anything.

But a tip for anyone who DOES feel themselves, for some reason, inextricably drawn towards buying one of these abominations - don't do it on the way to the game. Do it AFTER the game - they'll be practically throwing them away. You have to be a particularly special kind of MUG to lash out £7 (or whatever the asking price is) on the way in.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
They are fine as long as they are not EVER worn under ANY circumstances.
These half and half scarves are made or should be,,purely as things to signify special occassions.
I have a Brighton Donny scarf from the first ever at the Amex.
I also have an England Germany one from our humping of the Bosh in Munich 2001 WCQ
the most wonderful night of my life as I was there with 20 of my mates from London.
Michael Owen getting a hatrick and a 1-5 scoreline.
My only second ever England match.
The only thing that will ever top that is Albion getting into the Premier League.

Sorry went off topic slightly there ha ha .

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
They are pathetic and a embarrassment of the highest level.....Only the idiots and gullible numpties would buy one.
No way should you have another clubs colours wrapped round your neck full stop.

Football is getting like the xfactor trash and sadly will get get worse....Money money money is all that matters to the hierarchy.
Guess idiots will always buy this shite grrrrr

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I've bought one at every Republic of Ireland game I've attended - with a few exceptions due to them not being available, sold out or me being too drunk. One day I'll own somewhere big enough to put them all up.

I can't see the problem if it's not a club that you are in the same pyramid system as (or in regular competition with). I also have a Sevilla one from the pre-season game and would buy one if we ever played in Europe.

I'd better be careful though as last time I said this on here I was accused of helping to fund drugs and terrorism by buying them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bought the Brighton-Seville one, and ( weirdly ) I like it a lot.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
They are pathetic and a embarrassment of the highest level.....Only the idiots and gullible numpties would buy one.
No way should you have another clubs colours wrapped round your neck full stop.

Football is getting like the xfactor trash and sadly will get get worse....Money money money is all that matters to the hierarchy.
Guess idiots will always buy this shite grrrrr

Bit OTT surely..I don`t like them but have no problem with others having them and indeed find them amusing.:smile::smile:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It is offensive and more than a bit me me me for the prick in the original picture to come to the Albion dressed like that. It's the sort of thing that unites Sunni and Shia and deserves the mutual loathing of both sets of fans. Be great if clubs had to ban such people because they're not safe in any part of the ground. Real fans must protest and make a massive drama if spotting someone wearing such tat so they're ejected and learn the error of their ways. Fear. Fear of this knowledge will keep the locals in line. It is high time we crushed such culture without further delay.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Perhaps every half and half scarf could come with a free pair of scissors or Stanley knife.

The unwanted half could then be cut off and given to an opposing fan in the spirit of generosity.

I'm surprised it hasn't been thought of yet.

Personally, I'm a bit 50-50 when it comes to half and half scarves.

On one hand, I like them. On the other hand, I don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here