Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are You More Embarrassed or Angry By This Season??

???

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
thats it, lets blame everyone else

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Harry Redknapp left Pompey for better things...at Southampton. He then returned and won them the FA Cup.

What that shows is leaving a club, even for a rival, is not unforgiveable, and that a second spell CAN work.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
name anyone else?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So did a few other managers thanks to LDC

We need to rebuild AGAIN and hope we don't get relegated this season!!

Who? Coppell was helped out of the door by Knight, McGhee was treated disgracefully, Nobby left because his wife couldn't settle here?, Taylor left because he saw DK's budget for the following season was a joke. So who else has left for better things apart from Adams?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
thats it, lets blame everyone else

Not at all blaming anyone else. As DK said when Micky was reappointed it is a two year plan.

As you know i am on your side with this one though!!

A lot needs to change and fast or a lot of supporters will just not bother going to see us play like we have been!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I'm not embarrassed. Embarrassed would be bottom of the league, limp performances every week, barely a point to our name etc. We're clearly COMPETITIVE with most teams, hence we're not an embarrassment.

I'm not really angry either. I think it's too early in the season to be properly pissed off.

DISAPPOINTED is the word I'd use. In comparison to other albion teams I've seen we're not that bad. The difference is there was so much expectation this year that we're falling further short than normal.

But look at the calibre of players we have in our squad:

Forster - outstanding player, proven goalscorer throughout his career, still (for me) one of the best all-round footballers in League One.

Savage - 15 year Premiership career and Premiership regular less than a year ago.

Livermore - popular and fairly regular starter for team last season who now lie top joint of the Prem.

Murray - class act.

Elphick - one of the best centre halves in League One last year. Allegedly wanted by Wolves.

Virgo - ex Celtic, chased by a number of Championship sides, still a top CENTRE BACK.

Added to the likes of McLeod, Cox (on a good day), Kuipers, two decent full-backs, an exciting creative midfielder in Thornton who we aren't bothering to use.

Put all this together and is 18th in League One really acceptable??! On the basis that I think we have a strikeforce in Murray and Forster who could possibly do a job in the Championship, its faintly disgraceful that we aren't AT LEAST in the top 10.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Thoroughly embarassed. I was convinced we were dead cert play off material and went so far as to stick wedge on it with someone who 'knew' better at work:thud:

To add potential insult to injury he is a leicester fan :tosser: so really looking forward to this week ...

To summarise my view , I genuinely believe in some respects Adams has been unlucky with injuries to Forster,Mcleod and now the salt in the proverbial of Murray out for two weeks . Some of the results settled in injury time could so easily have been different ....BUT .....his tactics and team selections have at times been completely.............:shrug:. Clueless doesn't do it justice

Sorry to be so negative but lets face it thats the ups and downs or 'beauty' of being a BHA fan ...wouldn't change it for the world:albion2:

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Embarrassed would be bottom of the league, limp performances every week, barely a point to our name etc. We're clearly COMPETITIVE with most teams, hence we're not an embarrassment.

*Bottom off the league - 2 points from relegation zone is pretty much botton
*Limp performances every week - there have been a lot of them
*Barley a point to our name - see 1st point
*Competitive with most teams - competitive only just, we seem to battle but hardly actually create anything worth shouting about.

I think my embarressment stems from the potential I and everyone thought we could have when Adams came back, the signing of a few players etc. But nothing has happened, if it wasnt for the Man City game, things would be thought of a lot worse.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
No, none of that is embarrassing. Even Hereford aren't embarrassing. My idea of embarrassing is Derby last year, where you're so far behind you haven't got a hope in hell. When you're losing literally EVERY game. We've lost 4 out of 13! We may be many things, but genuinely embarrassing is not one.

Fair enough, I think its more embarrassing for me because I use up my Saturdays to do this, and having to face my non Albion supporting mates. and work colleagues explaining why I find it fun going to watch the 8th,9th,10th etc game without a win.

I want him to turn it around, I dont believe a change in manager will solve anything, i.e. like Moyes at Everton who was given time, as was Ferguson, and even Wenger gets his critics now.

What ever it is I am feeling, its not anger. Dissapointment, yes. Embarrasment, yes. Mug, yes. Bewildered, Yes. Every game, I am still as enthusiastic about going to it as I was 20 years ago, but then I get dissapointed for a few hours, and start the cycle again

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Fair enough, I think its more embarrassing for me because I use up my Saturdays to do this, and having to face my non Albion supporting mates. and work colleagues explaining why I find it fun going to watch the 8th,9th,10th etc game without a win.

I want him to turn it around, I dont believe a change in manager will solve anything, i.e. like Moyes at Everton who was given time, as was Ferguson, and even Wenger gets his critics now.

What ever it is I am feeling, its not anger. Dissapointment, yes. Embarrasment, yes. Mug, yes. Bewildered, Yes. Every game, I am still as enthusiastic about going to it as I was 20 years ago, but then I get dissapointed for a few hours, and start the cycle again
And do your non Abion mates go and watch Chelsea,Arsenal,Man U every week?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
you maybe right, as now the Christmas decorations are up, it is due to snow at our next game against Leicester, and we only have THIRTEEN points.

When can we purchase mistletoe

Go pick your own Brett. Quite a few mistletoe sprigs showing in the woods behind Withers!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am more dissappointed than anything else because I firmly believe that are only about 2 or 3 players off of a very good Div 1 side that could mount a serious challenge even at this stage of the season.

We still need a competitive ball winning dominating midfielder in the Chippie or Dodge mould, either a similar player to Ayinsah or Thornton probably go for Thornton and a striker to supplement and offer competition to Forster and Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here