Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are You More Embarrassed or Angry By This Season??

???

• Total voters

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
So whats everyones main feeling towards this season.

For me I want to be angry by it, but because things are so farcical I have to laugh at it and be embarrassed by the joke that things have become.

Maybe if it wasnt Adams being announced as the replacement the day Wilkins was sacked, people will be more angry, and there would be more protests against the manager....

I think things will turn aroundm but yesterday was clueless and Adams came up with a pathetic excuse, and that after a few fans spent near on 14 hours travelling to and from the game.

I cant see us getting anything out of Leicester and Millwall unless we sign an actual striker, and if we dont get anything, there is a chance we will be in the relegation zone a week today.

Things should be good, but lets face it, we are a bit toilet at the moment. Southend away in AUGUST was the last time we left a league game feeling happy withourselves after VICTORY

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gotta vote 'embarrassed'

Last season's points total patently flattered us. 69 points my arse!

But getting Adams back in is a cheap stunt that has backfired horribly.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Embarrassed by the fact we only have 2 strikers at the club worth playing.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
I was really embarrassed in the first half yesterday. I was next to 2 stewards who were pissing themselves every time Kuipers hoofed the ball skywards and into the stand about 25 yards out. Tactics anyone?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I'm angry. Its not the position of the team that pisses me off but the way we have found ourself there that angers me so much.

If we had played our best players in their best positions and just been unlucky or simply not good enough I could deal with us sitting near the relegation zone as we are now.

However, SO SO many decisions by Adams have been SO SO utterly bewildering that I just can't get my head round it all. With the players we have we should be comfortably in the top 8.

But:

Virgo on the right wing
The outstanding Thornton benched week on week after his stunning performance against Cheltenham
Virgo up front
Lynch at Forest
Negative 4-5-1 formation with Murray isolated
The undroppables - Hawkins, Virgo etc
Virgo in central midfield
Long ball tactics
The re-signing of Hart
The re-signing of Mayo
Livermore played out of position, then benched, despite last year being good enough to get into a team who now sit joint top of The Premiership

Its not 1 or 2 things that MA is getting wrong, its 9 or 10 utterly utterly abysmal decisions he has made.

Can ANYONE on this board explain the logic behind a single one of the decisions I have listed above?

THAT is what fucks me off.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Virgo on the right wing
The outstanding Thornton benched week on week after his stunning performance against Cheltenham
Virgo up front
Lynch at Forest
Negative 4-5-1 formation with Murray isolated
The undroppables - Hawkins, Virgo etc
Virgo in central midfield
Long ball tactics
The re-signing of Hart
The re-signing of Mayo
Livermore played out of position, then benched, despite last year being good enough to get into a team who now sit joint top of The Premiership

This is why I should be angry but it so COMICAL I have to laugh at it and be humiliated and embarrssed.

With everything so OBVIOUS to EVERYONE but Micky it just beggars belief he still does them and asks us to "Keep the faith"

Yesterday was a joke, kick the ball to Virgo upfront on his own, so he can flick it on to the keeper - GENIUS tactics

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
It's not just this season but for the past 3 seasons there has been a lack of entertaining football, with a few exceptions. So embarrassing. I'll stick it out though and hope the Gods smile on us soon but I have this awful feeling that Falmer will never happen 'cos of the money and we are in for a struggle to stay in the league if we are stuck at Withdean.

Must also confess I have never been an Adams fan (although his backing of us to get a staduim was superb) However, his team selections and tactics bewilder me.

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Neither annoyed not embarrassed but very, very disappointed and bored with the ugly football.
I really hope that this season does not become the commercial disaster for BHA that it may if the standard of entertainment provided on the pitch does not improve significantly and quickly.

+1 :)

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
It's not just this season but for the past 3 seasons there has been a lack of entertaining football, with a few exceptions. So embarrassing. I'll stick it out though and hope the Gods smile on us soon but I have this awful feeling that Falmer will never happen 'cos of the money and we are in for a struggle to stay in the league if we are stuck at Withdean.

Must also confess I have never been an Adams fan (although his backing of us to get a staduim was superb) However, his team selections and tactics bewilder me.

This is different to previous seasons though. Other than Dean Wilkins' bizarre aversion to the promising Sam Rents, I can't think of any decisions he made last year that were even in the same league of UTTER STUPIDITY as about 7 or 8 of Adams'. Wilkins generally played the best players in their best decisions. The fact that we came 7th merely reflects that the squad wasn't quite good enough to make the playoffs.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
angry, beyond me how a team can go so far back from last season with supposedly better players and manger

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
i'm embarrassed by it. i have two mates who are usually 'boro or west ham season ticket holders who live with me down here and i persuaded them to get one here. they haven't seen a win yet. it was bad enough opening day of the season... "yep, this is actually our stadium".. 163 squid well spent i still tell 'em :thumbsup:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Do yourself a favour, Elder for England.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I never thought Adams would be getting his selections and tactics so wrong. Initially, I agreed with the decision to bring him back but the resigning of Booker, Mayo and Hart made me fear for the worst.

Interestingly, there is a manager who really fits the bill for us and that is Dowie. Also interesting is the root and branch reform Daniel Levy has taken overnight at Spurs, because if they can do it Dick Knight can do it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I never thought Adams would be getting his selections and tactics so wrong. Initially, I agreed with the decision to bring him back but the resigning of Booker, Mayo and Hart made me fear for the worst.

Interestingly, there is a manager who really fits the bill for us and that is Dowie. Also interesting is the root and branch reform Daniel Levy has taken overnight at Spurs, because if they can do it Dick Knight can do it.

I remember at the time thinking that the re-signing of Hart and Mayo showed a lack of imagination on Adams' part. The football over the past few months has now confirmed he lacks imagination.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pissed off is more how I feel, why should I be embarrassed? It's not me that's making a complete pig's ear of our season. The players, with a few exceptions, and the manager should be the ones who are embarrassed.

If following the Albion embarrasses you, maybe you need to get a thicker skin.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am more dissapointed, but not surprised as I thought it a stupid decision to remove wilkins for short term gain

remember, adams left us for better things

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here