Are you happy with your seat?

• Yes

Votes: 99 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
If this carries on the stewards will have the ammo to turn the Amex into a grave yard, will you be happy then?

That's right.
We either have a vibrant atmsophere like Anfield, Boleyn or White Hart Lane,
or stifle with heavily-enforced rules and reg's, turning the North Stand etc, into a mini-Emirates (makes loads of money, but relatively quiet, and mini-Adolfs looking out for anyone who might break the tiniest of rules).
The former adds home points with the noise and (legal) intimidation factor, and spurring the home team on. The 12th man.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
WSL Row N 177 and 178. Very happy. As my son said, the pitch seems so close but the view of the whole game was brilliant. Seem to have quite a few people around us who obviously know each other / sat together at Withdean. Some decent noise from most and obviously they know their Albion. One near neighbour was having his pic taken before the game with his Goldstone Donny ticket! A couple of blokes on our left were very subdued during the whole game and I wonder if they were casuals or newbies.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
WSU, block I, row F. In line with goal line by North Stand, fantastic view. Bloke and his son next to me seem good value, 3 old codgers in front sat down whole game, 2 people behind me left at 1-1, shocking! 10/10..............5 rows behind Tiger and Sheebo's dad.............good work yesterday Tiger, kept us all on our toes!

Last edited:

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
why will it turn into a graveyard, everybody sings whether they be young or old. you got kids? my boy joined in for the whole match singing and waving his flag so the saddos who dont want kids in the north wont get their way, end of.

Live and let live mate you wanna sit ,sit, me and my 14 year old wanna stand, we`re gonna stand that is how it is in the N stand, and whats with the end of.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just a bit strange, dads bringing kids under 10 into the north stand and complaining when people stand up and the kid can't see, don't they watch Match of the Day or go to away games, the norm now is for standing behind the goals, where the language and behaviour is likely to be more boisterous too and maybe unsuitable for youngsters.
I think it's the dad's who opt for the stand without considering the kid they are taking too, they should really be in the family stand where most supporters will be seated and smaller people will be able to see - North stand for 16+ only.

I agree with you, adults really should put their kids first when choosing what stand to go in. However, there are plenty of U16's who go home and away and who know the score perfectly well, so no need for a ban on U16's in the North. My 12 year old has heard it all away (rarely by me I should add, although I do forget myself sometimes) but knows it's not for him to use bad language and I've always explained that behaviour needs to be understood in it's context anyway. I regard away days as, for the most part, real life experiences. The same would apply for my 12 year old if we were in the North - I would have no complaints about standing or bad language. Ban U16's from the North and you're denying a great experience to lots of youngsters.

I chose family stand for home games again this season, mainly for financial reasons but also because this season I'll be taking my 6yr old as and when she wants to join us. When she doesn't want to come, I'll upgrade her ticket to an U16 and take one of my boys' mates with us instead.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
We were in the North, to the right of the goal, about half way up.

My son is 10 and we both accept that there will be some industrial language and standing up every now and again - that's no problem.

What I objected to yesterday, was the group of neanderthal twats behind and one in front who were hammered and calling everyone a **** and hoping Billy Sharp would die etc. etc. etc. The one in front also had a couple of fags as well.

As I say, we bought in the North, knowing that standing and (some) language would be an issue but this was too much.

Other than that - brilliant!!

Merseyside Seagull

Dec 18, 2003
Wirral
WSU, block I, row F. In line with goal line by North Stand, fantastic view. Bloke and his son next to me seem good value, 3 old codgers in front sat down whole game, 2 people behind me left at 1-1, shocking! 10/10..............5 rows behind Tiger and Sheebo's dad.............good work yesterday Tiger, kept us all on our toes!

I guess the good value bloke with his son might be me!!!! On holiday for the Blackpool & Posh games, so you'll probably be stuck with my parents!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Live and let live mate you wanna sit ,sit, me and my 14 year old wanna stand, we`re gonna stand that is how it is in the N stand, and whats with the end of.

Basically those who are not happy,will change/move seats or not return,so be it,but never must it be at the expense of being told to "sit down,shut up"-if the club or stewards start to boss people too much(no evidence at the moment) then that will put a lot of people off....

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

You're both arguing for the same things then...no ban on U16's in the North.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Basically those who are not happy,will change/move seats or not return,so be it,but never must it be at the expense of being told to "sit down,shut up"-if the club or stewards start to boss people too much(no evidence at the moment) then that will put a lot of people off....

Well put, one steward tried but gave up he went off sulking

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
In WSU by centre line in row K. 10/10 with good crowd of fans all around us.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I guess the good value bloke with his son might be me!!!! On holiday for the Blackpool & Posh games, so you'll probably be stuck with my parents!

Hello again Pete! Hope your journey home was ok? Sorry if I got on your nerves a bit yesterday, will try and tone it down a bit when your parents are in town............nice to meet you........see you for the Leeds game......

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Very happy in the family stand - near the back just front of the D on the North penalty area; consequently the view of the goals was great. Chap behind me used the word 'f*cking' a bit too much but, hey, it was the first day and he seemed like the sort who ain't gonna be there that much anyway - - just got a hunch . . .

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
here is a view from mine - East Stand - compliments to everyone for the sights and sounds of ALL stands

284013_10150734296280411_541345410_20025756_4239598_n.jpg

Merseyside Seagull

Dec 18, 2003
Wirral
Hello again Pete! Hope your journey home was ok? Sorry if I got on your nerves a bit yesterday, will try and tone it down a bit when your parents are in town............nice to meet you........see you for the Leeds game......

No mate you were fine! Hope you didn't mind the winning goal celebrations! Drove back home this morning, it was a breeze to be honest, only took 3 3/4 hours! Enjoy the next couple of games.

am the one

May 29, 2011
Worthing West Sussex
Very happy with my seat(wsu w3g row m seat 152) sitting with the same friends i seat with in c block at the withdean. Made new friends. After yesterday can,t wait for the next league game. 10/10

:bhasign: :clap2:

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
You're both arguing for the same things then...no ban on U16's in the North.

Kids develope at different ages if my daughter could not see due to others standing i would let her stand on her seat ,because having followed the Albion since i was 10 i appreciate the N stand will be loud and full of atmosphere, with most people standing.In H block when my daughter and her cousin could not see they often stood on there seats.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
WSU block c rowv,... 10/10.... well maybe minus one because it is 128 steps to my seat...... but I did stop for a couple of pints of Harveys after 96..... gave me a boost before attempting the last 34.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here