Votes: 99 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
WSU Row V. If I'm 100% honest, had I actually been in the stand when choosing I would probably have a gone a couple of rows lower, but no real complaints. Very noisy and seem a good bunch all around us.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
WSU, southern end level with the penalty spot, Row O. 8 / 10. Seem like good people around me & most of them sing. Only thing that could be better would be in the front couple of rows of the upper tier.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Just a bit strange, dads bringing kids under 10 into the north stand and complaining when people stand up and the kid can't see, don't they watch Match of the Day or go to away games, the norm now is for standing behind the goals, where the language and behaviour is likely to be more boisterous too and maybe unsuitable for youngsters.
I think it's the dad's who opt for the stand without considering the kid they are taking too, they should really be in the family stand where most supporters will be seated and smaller people will be able to see - North stand for 16+ only.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
WSU Row V. If I'm 100% honest, had I actually been in the stand when choosing I would probably have a gone a couple of rows lower, but no real complaints. Very noisy and seem a good bunch all around us.

what seat number?

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
West Stand lower row U the view is brilliant until the game starts and up jump the morons singing 'if you all hate Palace stand up or we're the west stand' If everybody stayed sat down everybody could see every aspect of the game but some chose to stand up. Had I known that these people were going to be in front of me I would have asked for a seat nearer the front; as somebody said yesterday the view at Withdean was better as they weren't sitting in front of us.

Believe me, you won't be better off any further forward - we're in Row L and were surrounded by twats constantly standing up. The club will need to be doing something about these - we've all paid a lot of dosh for our season tickets so shouldn't have to jump up every other minute to see what's going on!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Stand up if you 'ate Palace has got to be the most crap football song. Even if the sentiment is universally felt, the song is naff & sung awfully.
Love the other Albion songs.

And, crucially, most people stay sitting down after the 'song' is sung, which appears to indicate that 99% Albion fans don't hate Palace.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Just a bit strange, dads bringing kids under 10 into the north stand and complaining when people stand up and the kid can't see, don't they watch Match of the Day or go to away games, the norm now is for standing behind the goals, where the language and behaviour is likely to be more boisterous too and maybe unsuitable for youngsters.
I think it's the dad's who opt for the stand without considering the kid they are taking too, they should really be in the family stand where most supporters will be seated and smaller people will be able to see - North stand for 16+ only.

Cock on, but 14 plus
I like the bit of concrete just in front of my seat, where i stand.The seat is handy though as i can put my programme on it to keep both hands free, i also hang my jacket on it.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Made up with ours - Family stand row X - bang in line with the 6yrd line in front of the North. Can see the other goal no trouble and very pleased I chose to be right up near the back. More than happy with the overall view ( the west stand looks superb from the east) and from what I can gather we'll be shaded from any scorching sun and sheltered from the rain unless it's blowing in hard.

Neighbours all seem ok too. Passionate woman behind us who sounds like she goes home and away and three funny really little kids to our right. Love the take on the game from enthusiastic little kids so will be looking forward to hearing a few gems this season. One of said little kids to our right called out to gully's girls at half time yesterday - " You look BEAUTIFUL !! " :lolol:

Also, whilst not particularly vocal throughout the game, when called upon to join in with the singing by the North yesterday, our section gave a pretty good account of ourselves I thought.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis

yep agree with you and heres some more ideas

upto 16- family stand
16-40 north
41- up- west
non english- front row seats
blacks-stuck in a corner
etc etc

this is england in 2011, not south africa in the 70's and 80's, people should be able to sit where they want and fans should make them feel welcome where ever they sit. seems
non parent fans think no kids in certain areas is the way forward ?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
yep agree with you and heres some more ideas

upto 16- family stand
16-40 north
41- up- west
non english- front row seats
blacks-stuck in a corner
etc etc

this is england in 2011, not south africa in the 70's and 80's, people should be able to sit where they want and fans should make them feel welcome where ever they sit. seems
non parent fans think no kids in certain areas is the way forward ?

If this carries on the stewards will have the ammo to turn the Amex into a grave yard, will you be happy then?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
WSL Row G near centre line on south side .. would have preferred further back but not available great view of over 70% of action but when it heads into the North East quarter it get's a bit tricky so missed the detail of Buckley's first but hey, who was ready for that?

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
If this carries on the stewards will have the ammo to turn the Amex into a grave yard, will you be happy then?

why will it turn into a graveyard, everybody sings whether they be young or old. you got kids? my boy joined in for the whole match singing and waving his flag so the saddos who dont want kids in the north wont get their way, end of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here