Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with Ulloa out and O'Grady in?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Can I pocket the difference?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Change of style of play. Not lumping it to a big man in the middle all the time. It has its advantages, but it means keeping Buckley and Lualua.

Futball says O'Grady is faster: http://www.futhead.com/14/players/1460/chris-ogrady/compare/14-3249/

Video shows he is two footed as well. Heading is not so good, but I think the training ground can improve that.

I really wasn't happy with the style of lofting it to Ulloa as our means of attack. I wanted a bit more variety. That could have been achieved with Ulloa though. But sometimes Ulloa was not quite fast enough and his left foot was not used much.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
ITS a BARNES replacement FFS! :lolol: Besides we have Solly, CMS, Fenelon, O'Grady so far. I'd love for Solly and Fen to get more game time!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Futball says O'Grady is faster: http://www.futhead.com/14/players/1460/chris-ogrady/compare/14-3249/

Video shows he is two footed as well. Heading is not so good, but I think the training ground can improve that.

I really wasn't happy with the style of lofting it to Ulloa as our means of attack. I wanted a bit more variety. That could have been achieved with Ulloa though. But sometimes Ulloa was not quite fast enough and his left foot was not used much.

be useful if he did get better in more ways than one...Ulloa was pretty useful at defending deadball situations

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Don't think anyone would be happy as a straight replacement. Bear in mind the club must have been after O'Grady for a while and were not certain that Leicester would meet the asking price for Ulloa. I hope and expect a proven striker around the £3-4million level to replace Ulloa. If we were prepared to spend £1m on Grabban in January, with £7m+ added to the kitty, the club can afford and needs to show some intent

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
A couple of years ago we gambled spending £2million on a striker from the Spanish second division - it paid off

We are now gambling half that on a striker who has scored goals in this league and people are moaning ?

Get some bloody perspective !!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Still struggling to find anything that states as fact that anyone official has said o Grady is a direct replacement for ulloa. Is there a source. Or is this just guesswork

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
In some respects, O'Grady WILL be Leo's replacement, and in others, not.

By that, I mean that he'll replace him in the SQUAD as, the 'big centre forward', but because of the change of style I'm expecting, that role will be a much less significant one, and the role of 'star striker' will be filled by somebody else.

In my opinion, like.

Star striker? The Albion? :lol::lol::lol:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So for those thumb downers when will it become slightly worrying for you? 3 weeks ago you said don't worry about it, preseason hasn't even STARTED yet, and I was one of you. Now it is HALFWAY through preseason and we've signed one player who seems to be a straight replacement for Upson and are about to lose our top striker.

Our rumours are coming to nothing at all.

Maenpaa (SP) - Any ideas?
Butland - Seems a no go for now
Westwood - Snapped up by Wednesday :lolol:
Ward - Rumours are wages/fee are stumbling block
Odubajo - Brentford got him

We're missing a GK who is going to be playing every game this season hopefully, we're missing a left back who will do the same, we're missing a key striker and anyone who says COG is it then :shootself we could also do with another winger to flesh out the two injury riddled chaps in the wings, and that's just the ones we desperately want for the first game of the season, let alone some depth. They now come in past halfway through preseason, now I am starting to worry, and I'm shocked some aren't.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
be useful if he did get better in more ways than one...Ulloa was pretty useful at defending deadball situations

We still need a stopper centre half. And an extra tall defender when we face Berra and Smith of Ipswich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here