Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with our performance in the transfer window?

Are you happy with our performance in the transfer window?

• Yes, we have done well.

Votes: 62 75.6%
  • No, it's simply not enough.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I don't generate opinions.

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"Beggars can't be chosers" - seems a pretty good effort by the management team to me, in the circumstances.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Surprised and please by the quantity and possibly quality of midfielders bought.

Disappointed but not surprised by the lack of a proven striker signing. Sadly we just can't afford it can we, either in transfer fee or wages.

Still think Revell and Robinson is a partnership that can take us up next season though, but would have liked to see an old head like Shipperley bought to help them both learn their trade.

Overall much improved on the last window, but 7/10.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
quite pleased. just a shame we could quite snatch constantine. or forster.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Giraffe said:
Surprised and please by the quantity and possibly quality of midfielders bought.

Disappointed but not surprised by the lack of a proven striker signing. Sadly we just can't afford it can we, either in transfer fee or wages.

Still think Revell and Robinson is a partnership that can take us up next season though, but would have liked to see an old head like Shipperley bought to help them both learn their trade.

Overall much improved on the last window, but 7/10.

:thumbsup:
Agree totally ...we really need that proven striker to teach our youngsters

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
At least it was an improvement on the embaressing attempts made to sign people in the summer.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Ernest said:
How can anybody be happy that we have signed a load of old FOREIGN rubbish instead of TRIED and tested ENGLISH lads :angry: :angry: :angry:
:lolol:
evenin squire

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where is this well known goalscorer we are hoping to get?

The 3 mentioned were all no chance except maybe Byfield and Millwall have outpriced him as they know he would score goals and help keep us up possibly to their detriment.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
I'm happy, shame we missed out on the strikers but understand why we failed on each account. Increased competition in midfield will be helpful but will be interesting to see where they fit in as I believe Hammond and ElAbd are working well in the centre. Good deal on Hendo and getting Blayney back in for nothing. I do expect a move for a striker inthe summer though as we should have a fair amount of this years budget (given the bids we made)to be rolled over

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Scotty Mac said:
I doubt very much about all those players being true - it just seems unbelievable that every player we put a money bid in for rejects us

Only one of the three in Leon Constantine rejected us. Which is very disapointing as I believe he would have been a great signing at the accepted offer. Shame we are not a bit further up the table as I am sure if we were challenging for a play off place he would have joined.

Millwall wanted silly money for Byfield and Forster was never for sale after Hull sold Fagan to Derby.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Happyish but very disappointed we didn't get Currie.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There doesnt appear to be any mention of Currie going anywhere so perhapsa loan could be forthcoming although we now appear to have an abbundance of midfielders. Also no news on the rumour that Chippy was going to MK Dons.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
It's obvious the club have been working their bollocks off to sign players. Ok they may not be proven or class but what can we expect in our position on and off the pitch? Should be more than enough to keep us safe.

Well done :clap:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fairly, I was hoping above all that we would sign a combative midfielder, Bertin would appear to fill that criteria judging by what has been said about him. Looking forward to seeing him play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here