Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with our performance in the transfer window?

Are you happy with our performance in the transfer window?

• Yes, we have done well.

Votes: 62 75.6%
  • No, it's simply not enough.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I don't generate opinions.

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Serious thread.

Personally, considering what we're up against I think we've done well. It's a massive shame about Hendo, but if he can't take the competition then tough. Got a striker on loan, much needed cover, and signed two central midfielders to bulk up our weakest area.

I'm very pleased.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes .

Very happy but how did Wilkins and Knight persuade them to come as we could not do it before.

And of course Wilkins is not a big name and will have no contacts-Bollocks now all you Negative moaning lot get behind the team and the manager.

Onwards and upwards.

:albion: :albion: :albion:

Oct 7, 2006
Eastbourne
mixed views really, good money for hendo but we wont see that used back in the team like usual. bowditch is a quality player (as long as he keeps injury free) and him an elder might be worth giving a run up top together.

considering where we are in the league and with injuries etc i think we should have worked harder to get more players in.

if we get relegated this season (unthinkable) then even less will turn up at withdean next and maybe dick knight will be wondering if he should have given deano some more transfer kitty to spend.

still being an albion fan it does not suprise me that we havent really signed anyone:rolleyes:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sainsburys Seagull said:
still being an albion fan it does not suprise me that we havent really signed anyone:rolleyes:
Those six players we signed, they don't count.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Very Happy, If bowditch stays fit then even happier.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
very pleased, pleasant change compared to recent years :)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
its not over yet, don't think the Bowditch deal is complete but so far so good

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Very pleased, was only expecting one signing today to be honest. Bertin sounds like the experaince midfielder that we need and isn't to old (like chippy) and from what i've seen written about ward, he seems like a promising player that is struggeling in a poor QPR side and needs a run of games so could do well for us.

Shame that henderson wanted to go, but if he was going to hand in a transfer request everytime hes not playing then i'm glad hes gone as don't want the club being held to ransom

Aug 12, 2003
Gothenburg, Sweden
Much more movement than we could have hoped for, so I am happy but... it would have been really nice to get that experienced older striker in

I know there is still time, and there are the rumours about Lee Thorpe from Torquay (who isn't really quite the "name" it would have been nice to have) so we will have to wait and see.

Mind you, Kabba is playing for the reserves tonight, maybe he will score a hat-trick, impress us all, get signed, get into the team and be the striker who bags us 20 goals before the end of the season. Maybe?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Silent Bob said:
Those six players we signed, they don't count.

Yeah but we have only really signed one (Elder) past the end of the season. Seems a bit strange ploughing money into a season where at best we are going to finish mid-table. At worst we were going to struggle but not go down I think.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Da Man Clay said:
Yeah but we have only really signed one (Elder) past the end of the season. Seems a bit strange ploughing money into a season where at best we are going to finish mid-table. At worst we were going to struggle but not go down I think.

Maybe so they can get used to the team so they are more geld for the new season. Plus they might have been signed by somone else.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sainsburys Seagull said:

considering where we are in the league and with injuries etc i think we should have worked harder to get more players in.

if we get relegated this season (unthinkable) then even less will turn up at withdean next and maybe dick knight will be wondering if he should have given deano some more transfer kitty to spend.

What an aboslute load of utter bollocks.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not bad, only time will tell.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Is Everyone happy with our Transfer Window Adventure?

People said we wouldnt sign anyone, we are down blah blah

So far we have signed

John O'Cearuill
Zoumana Bakayogo
Nathan Elder
Nick Ward
Alexis Mertin

Also Dean Bowditch when he gets fit
Then Alan Blayney will be training with our other 5 keepers, we can sign whenever as he is non-contracted

Potentially 7 new signings in this window

Is it good or bad?

I think we have done ok in our circumstances - i didnt really think we would get a bigger name but we seem to have made efforts on Darren Currie, Darren Byfield, Leon Constantine, Nicky Forster - not sure how true this is, but with an hour to go in this window i think we have done well

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I doubt very much about all those players being true - it just seems unbelievable that every player we put a money bid in for rejects us

Don't know much about these new players, so guess we will just have to wait and see. However, they couldn't do any worse so I guess it is a slightly positive day

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I am, although would have been DELIGHTED if we'd got one of the strikers as well.

As a result of not getting on though, i don't think we'll be getting any more bums on seats, which is a shame.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I'll be happy if these guys keep us up - if we go down with them i will be fuming that we wasted the cash on player swho turned out not to be up to it.

Only time will tell but at least the club has tried and succeeded in getting people in so a big well done to all concerned.

But anything less than a win against Rotherham and i can see the curtain coming down on our season in league one.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here