Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy to lose to Hudders if it stops SCC going up 2nd?

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
As per above posts I would prefer us to show our class, get 2 or 3 goals up... then in the last 2 minutes allow them to walk in the necessary goals to equalize and keep the scum where they deserve to stay.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

More importantly, we should just do our best to beat Southampton 'for auld lang syne' and have that be the sticking points that keep them out of the autos.
If Huddersfield or Posh make it up in 2nd despite losing points to us, and S'ampton get pipped by one of those, we can feel some redemption that way.

If we were to lose to them and beat Hudds. to keep them out of 2nd, then that's not so great.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Anyone else think it could be pay back time for the 1978 promotion “fix”? (Allegedly that is).

If we’re already promoted and still unbeaten when we play Hudders in our last home game, how would you feel about losing if it meant SCC wouldn’t go up in one of the automatic positions?

I remember the total frustration when seeing that “nil-nil” draw against Spurs at the Dell which meant we stayed in the old Second division while Spurs were promoted as runners-up with SCC as champions.

It still rankles and, while I’d rather Hudders were promoted anyway, I don’t know if I’d like to “give away” our unbeaten record.

I really hope you are in a minority of one. Just because other times may sink to that level why should we? We have a special season going on here and the last thing I want to see is it being tarnished by such unprofessional behaviour.

Hi, Hudders fan here, i'd be more than happy if you let us win!! Got a horrible feeling that 2nd spot is going to go down to the last game. I feel sick now so God knows what i'll be like by end of the season. Hopefully we'll be up there (gonna miss Pilkington sooo much but just signed Danny Ward off Bolton who was at Swindon last year), we should be. Anyway congrats on that top spot, I think everyone has been waiting for you to go through a bad spell but it's not really happened, you thouroughly deserve it. Helps that the rest of us don't seem to want it as well. The rest of us seem to keep messing up when we've had chance to put a bit of distance between 2nd and 3rd. Hope you beat Saints the week before we come!

We've actually dropped many points this season, that we should probably have got. There really have not been many games where we lost or drew and deserved it.
Oddly, at Bournemouth was one where we didn't play well enough to claim anything, and we ought to have gone for revenge after they stole the 2 points off us at ours.

I don't want to take anything away from your lot as I know you've been scoring loads and deserve to get something out of this campaign too - but taking into account a couple of points we scraped or nicked from others, we still could have had 5 or 6 more on merit.
I think there's still something to prove when we host Southampton, so I too hope we do make our point with that match.

Anyway, the season isn't over til it's over and there are several other matches to think about.
It's not a matter of us just looking forward to summer holidays, that's for certain!

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I really hope you are in a minority of one. Just because other times may sink to that level why should we? We have a special season going on here and the last thing I want to see is it being tarnished by such unprofessional behaviour.

Get real - happens all the time.
And its about time somebody shut that prick Adkins up.

ArfieldGood

Dec 10, 2010
Huddersfield
We've actually dropped many points this season, that we should probably have got. There really have not been many games where we lost or drew and deserved it.
Oddly, at Bournemouth was one where we didn't play well enough to claim anything, and we ought to have gone for revenge after they stole the 2 points off us at ours.

I don't want to take anything away from your lot as I know you've been scoring loads and deserve to get something out of this campaign too - but taking into account a couple of points we scraped or nicked from others, we still could have had 5 or 6 more on merit.
I think there's still something to prove when we host Southampton, so I too hope we do make our point with that match.

Anyway, the season isn't over til it's over and there are several other matches to think about.
It's not a matter of us just looking forward to summer holidays, that's for certain!

Just seems whenever you've dropped points (and when you had a slight poor run Novemeber time) no one has taken advantage, almost like no one else wants to go up!! We've thrown away so many points from leading positions I can't believe we're still 2nd. We seem to have turned that around at the right moment though (think thats 16 league games unbeaten now) and a great last min win last night especially with the Wendies doing their normal trick and rolling over and dying against the Posh. Certainly been one of the more exciting seasons in this division. Lots of teams in the mix.
I'm very sure you lot will already be promoted (and prob guaranteed top spot) by the time we come to play you. Overall you've just looked better and more consistent than the rest of us. You top, us second will do me just fine .

Overall you've just looked better and more consistent than the rest of us. You top, us second will do me just fine .

Me too. It's also what I predicted for the season.
I never quite 'got' the affection for Bournemouth from some of ours. Let them argue it out with SCC Posh and LO or MKD, that'll sort their men from boys and we can all watch that without as much interest.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That way we (hopefully by then) keep our unbeaten home record and we can party with the Hudds fans on the centre circle.
Now that would be good - particularly if every effort was made by both teams to make it blatantly clear we were playing out a nil nil. No player going into the opposing half at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here