Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy to lose to Hudders if it stops SCC going up 2nd?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What evidence is there about the Southampton and Spurs game being a total stitch up? Not saying it wasn't but what are people basing it on other than the result suited both teams?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What evidence is there about the Southampton and Spurs game being a total stitch up? Not saying it wasn't but what are people basing it on other than the result suited both teams?

They both sat in the same hotel room the night before watching highlights of West Germany v Austria (World Cup, 1974) for inspiration.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder

Last game of the season , only 1 point required to be promoted to the promised land , whereas nil point will mean back in Div 2 for another season. Both teams needed only one point . There were no play offs . No other way of getting into Div 1. Neither team could afford to lose .The risk was to great .Draw it is then .

I rest my case M'lud .:censored:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

How about the fact that the managers, Lawrie Macmeneny and Keith Burkenshaw held each others hands aloft whilst waving to all sections of the crowd BEFORE kick off.

Also Macmenemy almost admitted to it in an Argus supplement the following year when we did get promoted by saying he didn't feel Brighton were ready for promotion the previous season.

Why do i still remember this, oh yeah, because i am bitter towards Southampton and will never forgive them. So in answer to the thread i would be more than happy for us to play out a 0-0 draw if it meant Southampton missing out. But if we are still unbeaten at home then no i wouldnt want us to lose.

However if we have already been beaten aat home....

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The fact that the ball rarely left the centre circle, apart from an occasional gentle roll to the touchline for a throw-in?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No, that wouldn't be right. Go for the win Brighton, as you'd expect every other club to do if circumstances were different.

ArfieldGood

Dec 10, 2010
Huddersfield
Hudds tickets sold out for this. I know there's a fair few going down without tickets (obviously wont be getting in home end) but we're kind of hoping that weekend, Brighton will be a joint Blue and Whilte promotion party!

Feb 14, 2010
It would be an act of belared revenge for theevents of the 80s, petty , churlish and spiteful. However what goes around comes around and to see gus and the hudders mamanager "do a macmememy" with the before match celebrations would be funny., especially as the press would hv to ask macmenemy to cast his mind back to the 70s...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Huddersfield are in 2nd place and 6 points clear of Scumhampton (better goal difference) with 2 games left , then a draw would be acceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here