Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are You Happy Living In The UK?

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
there are loads of shows on tv at the moment where people are deciding to move away for a better quality of life supposedly, one of the main attractions being better weather also! are you happy living here in britain? to be honest it was an eye opener watching these people - there's a lot to the uk i find iritable and especially the way this country is run. i think it was australia which was the destination most people want to move to and it looks great having never been there.

thought it worth mentioning anmyway..... :wave:

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
its shit.

To live in a nice house and support a family (a normal human thing) you need to earn over £60k if you live in the south.
(unless you have capital from property/inheritance).

its bollox.

also, gangs of 14 year olds spitting and doing graffiti - we are a horrible nation.

might f00k off to asia for a few years to get away from all this crap.

rant over.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well I'm happy here. Living elsewhere I'd miss friends and family and of course the mighty Albion, besides which I actually quite like rain. Cost of living sucks and the courts and government are rubbish, but you get that in many places.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
It all depends on weather you see the glass half full or half empty.

there are alot worse places I can think of living.

I left almost two years ago and wild horses wouldn't drag me back. I wouldn't want to go too far though, Spain is ideal because I can get back when I want to to see family and the Albion - the only two reasons (other than occasional work) that I go back for!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I love it, could be better I guess, but you get out what you put in and therefore it could be infinitely worse!

mk_BHA .. . . judging by your rant you deserve to live in Asia . . .off you go :wave: you'll soon be whingeing, 99% of people in this country don't know how bloody lucky they are :rolleyes:

seagull over spain

Mar 25, 2004
torrevieja spain
Well not living in the uk I feel I can comment.
I would not move backthere will always be things you miss but the sunshine and cheap booze and cigs makes up for that.
We could not afford the social life we enjoy in the uk we can arrange a BBQ even in November and would realy be unlucky if it was rained of our council tax is is £40 per year and includes dustbin clearence every day, our Villa cost us £60,000 and would cost upwards of £180,000 in Worthing or Brighton, and with the Albion having been promoted most of their games will be shown on Swedish and Norwiegen tv live so it's not that bad
We are only a 2 hour flight away

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
zefarelly said:
I love it, could be better I guess, but you get out what you put in and therefore it could be infinitely worse!

mk_BHA .. . . judging by your rant you deserve to live in Asia . . .off you go :wave: you'll soon be whingeing, 99% of people in this country don't know how bloody lucky they are :rolleyes:

Couldnt agree more Zef:clap: :clap:

Sitting Room Only

Jul 5, 2003
Somewhere off the M1
I thought I did .... but then I went to the US

Surely all an individual should expect out of life is too be able have a home of there own - I'm ready to buy with my girlfriend and we earn pretty good money but we don't have a hope in hell of getting anything that is half decent

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Englands great, but I realised when I came home last month just how many wankers there are. I won't be rushing back anytime soon, but it'll always be home and I'll always be proud of it.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I moved about 18 months ago and don't miss anything apart from the albion. The people are much friendlier and I can bring my kids up in an environment where the temptation of drugs etc is not so prevalent. The education is better, with smaller classes. The teenagers are much more respectful towards adults too.

I can drive on the roads without being held up. I have no noise pollution, light pollution or sound pollution and as a result I have no stress, I have lost three stone and my blood pressure is normal.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Only place i'd live would be in the Alps or some Mountainous region!

Here I have great friends, family, BHA, Sussex CCC, heavily active social life, punk gigs, broadband, live by the coast which is class, 30mins from Gatwick, 50mins from London, right next to a City.....the list goes on and on and on and......

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
munster monch said:
I moved about 18 months ago and don't miss anything apart from the albion. The people are much friendlier and I can bring my kids up in an environment where the temptation of drugs etc is not so prevalent. The education is better, with smaller classes. The teenagers are much more respectful towards adults too.

I can drive on the roads without being held up. I have no noise pollution, light pollution or sound pollution and as a result I have no stress, I have lost three stone and my blood pressure is normal.
WHERE DO U LIVE?

Most my family live in spain, now mymums thinking of moving there too. It over prices here, the weather is absolute shite (look at our summer) and theres just too many chavs abput now.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Ireland :lolol: , the weather is still shit but property prices are much better. On average you also get half an acre of land instead of a postage stamp with neighbours spying on you over the fence all the time.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
surley if everyones going to spain ,it wont be long b4 its the new England?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Mr Popkins said:
surley if everyones going to spain ,it wont be long b4 its the new England?

I think that is starting to happen in parts of France

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I've long been working out why - seemingly uniquely - the UK has so many ugly chavs in garish tracksuit bottoms and stupid caps spitting and shouting around the place, as happens every time I walk down Western Road on a Saturday. (The only consolation is that Brighton and Hove probably has fewer such people than other British towns.) Yes, they're poor but they're not behaving badly to improve their lot: stealing, for example.

Birdy

Dec 4, 2003
Hove
I'm seriously considering leaving here. My fella has just moved to Spain for work & I'm already fed up with him telling me how hot it is there when I'm sat in an office looking out at the rain....

However, I'd miss friends, family & the freedom to get a bus / taxi anywhere. He's up in the hills north of Malaga & has to drive everywhere - including the local shop (45min walk away, uphill).

The grass isn't always greener...... etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here