Votes: 33 36.7%
  • no

Votes: 57 63.3%

• Total voters

Bare

Nov 12, 2003
California
Guinness Boy

"I agree with chemical castration for repeat sex offenders - they're acting on a sex urge, take that urge away and you lessen the probability of reoffending."

Sex offenders are not acting on a sex urge. It's about control. They want to control everything about the event. It's a sick, perverted sort of thing but the sex act is their way of validating that control. Kinda like, "See what I can do to you because I control you." It is in no way an act of procreation.

Bare

Nov 12, 2003
California
I've been reading these post faithfully and it seems the biggest concern is the wrongfully convicted. Justifiably so, we a have some in this country, some that'll make your hair stand on end! DNA is helping some of the wrongfully convicted to take their rightfull place in society, others through appeals.

To take a little sidebar to the issue, do you people have a lot of faith in your justice system? If you were charged, do you think you would be treated fairly and a just verdict would be rendered?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
NO.

Too many miscarriages of justice to introduce this.

Hardly as if you could kill someone then say sorry the police were corrupt etc etc

Oct 25, 2003
america has the death penalty(admitadly not all of america) and it has the highest murder rate in the world, so that proves that it does not act as a deterrant. I'll take the point that some people should be killed for certain acts(homiside, child rape etc.) but with the death penalty many would be wrongly acused, therefore killing many innocent people, there fore NO i do not agree with capital punishment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here