• yes

Votes: 33 36.7%
  • no

Votes: 57 63.3%

• Total voters

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
david davis recently said that he is for it. without going into too much detail, would you like to see capital punishment brought back into the uk?

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
To borrow from Alan Partridge, "Yes, for treason and murder, and supporting Palace."

I might have paraphrased slightly. And I was joking about the treason and murder bits.

Oh, and Orient.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Too many cases of mistaken identity / dodgy evidence / bent coppers / wrong information. I give you: Craig & Bentley, the Guildford Four, the Birmingham Six, the Bridgewater Four.

You convict a child killer / mass murderer / paedophile, and let 'em rot in prison, and they can take their chance in there.

To anyone that says 'prison doesn't reform', that shouldn't matter, just don't let them out.

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
no death penalty, they should be made to sit in prison for the rest of their lives, and life should mean life and not 25yrs that gets cut down to 15 yrs for good behaviour. they should just sit in a dark room :p

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am against the dp as it will never be fail safe. Its an eye for an eye and the rule of the mob will not work. Most murders are crimes of passion or mentally sick people and anyone the deterrant does not work as most people who commit murder are not thinking straight or have never thought straight.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gareth Glover said:
as most people who commit murder are not thinking straight or have never thought straight.

And when Gareth makes his tips he's not thinking straight nor has ever thought straight. :)

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Generally no - but when you read about some of these sick fucks in the papers today and some of the crimes they comit it does make you consider it.

I read last year that one of the American TV networks contemplated trying to show one on pay per view - how sick is that.

Bare

Nov 12, 2003
California
And they say the UK is civilized. You bunch of heathens would like to inflict pain for a lifetime than do it all in a few seconds.:lolol:

Hang'm and Hang'm high I say. Put the fear of God in them.:lolol:

Seagull Stew

It's one of the thing that makes our nation one of the most civilized nations in the World and the United States just barbaric. No, whoever deliberately kills cold bloodedly and not in self defense is a murderer. Whether it be the convicted, Judge, executioner or state.

Bare

Nov 12, 2003
California
Unfortunately, not all States in the US have a death penalty. So they wither away with "prison justice."

I don't think there is anything more hypocritical than prisoners meting out justice. Convicts judging convicts. Now there's barbarism for you.

Pay-per-veiw! Capitolism at it's finest. Although I wouldn't pay to watch a needle prick. Hanging I would. Especially if it's that guy Davis who kidnapped and killed Polly Klass.

Last edited:

I don't think the British papers broadcast that one Bare - but he was a drifter who kidnapped, abused and then killed a young girl - then taunted her parents in court that he "did her like her daddy".

I'd like to see her father given complete privacy and free reign to do whatever he wanted to on that scumbag. That would be justice.

I would love it to be brought back, although i don't think it ever can.

With forensic science as good as it is these days i think mistakes would be at a minimum. And a death row like prison where someone can stay in prison till such a date they're executed would mean any chance of a mistake could be found out.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
MrV said:
Believe me, you wouldn't.... when hanged, ones eyes will fall out, bowels will empty, and will get a stiffy followed by ejaculation... Not a pretty sight.
is that true? why the boner? ok, your musscles relax completely when dead so can understand the shit and possibly the eyes but an errection? and ejaculation?! i'm intrigued!!
:eek: :ohmy: :p

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Bring it back. Why spend £50 - 100K p/a on the likes of Hindley? Some people are so bad that there is nothing else you can do with them and so mad there is nothing to learn either. However, I like NMHs' idea of justice best. :shootself

Bare

Nov 12, 2003
California
It's not unusual for the ejaculation. Many who die will shoot their last wad. Something like their last effort to procreate. It's probably something on the order preasure relief. I'll let you know when I get there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here