Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you enjoying watching the Albion this season?

Are you enjoying watching the Albion this season?

• Total voters

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
No Im falling out of love with the albion big time. Here is why:

Fed up of the look where we came from blah blah blah. This ANNOYS me.

We have a multi million pound stadium and its time to look forward not back. I want ENTERTAINMENT, I dont expect us to be top or even in the top six but i want ENTERTAINMENT as as it stands sideways passing, losing possession, huffing and puffing, ball being level with the opp 18 yard box and finding its way back to OUR goalkeeper is NOT entertainment. There is also nothing wrong with EXPECTING better thats how you get to be leaders in your field. Ask any entrepreneur. Ask TONY.

These 1-0 defeats are seriously, seriously pissing me off. I have seen us get walloped at Gillingham by teams like Macclesfied so dont give all that perspective nonsense but in the words of Slade GIVE US A GOAL. Right now I would take a 3-2 defeat instead of this obligatory PREDICTABLE one nil. As for the Ipswich game that was very laboured and in truth they should have been about three or four up so we dodged a bullett there.

The ONLY thing thatis keeping me going is that I get to see my mates but as for the game itself. MEH.

We've only been on a bad run for a month or so, you make it sound like it's lasted all year!

Go back to the europhia of how we dismantled Barnsley and Sheff Weds at the Amex, and picked up wins at Millwall and Watford and 99% of people would say that they are loving it. One bad run, which isn't even that horrendous in my view, and people seem to give up so easily and aren't that bothered about going. One win and that all changes again. Just can't get my round why some people are so bi-polar with regards football.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On the whole yes, but its massively frustrating, as its so obviousl that results wise, it could very easily be so much better.

As others have said, ENTERTAIN us - take the shackles off and really go for it.
This does not have to mean lumping it into the box at every opportunity. It means committing more men forward, passing more quickly, taking players on one-on-one, essentially taking more RISKS.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We've only been on a bad run for a month or so, you make it sound like it's lasted all year!

Go back to the europhia of how we dismantled Barnsley and Sheff Weds at the Amex, and picked up wins at Millwall and Watford and 99% of people would say that they are loving it. One bad run, which isn't even that horrendous in my view, and people seem to give up so easily and aren't that bothered about going. One win and that all changes again. Just can't get my round why some people are so bi-polar with regards football.

I think you find that last season was very much the same.

Maybe because essentially since March 09 I did every game (incl the WWWWWW) and all of last season Im all "footballed out" I dunno but what I do know is Im not feeling ENTERTAINED.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

We have a multi million pound stadium and its time to look forward not back. I want ENTERTAINMENT, I dont expect us to be top or even in the top six but i want ENTERTAINMENT as as it stands sideways passing, losing possession, huffing and puffing, ball being level with the opp 18 yard box and finding its way back to OUR goalkeeper is NOT entertainment. There is also nothing wrong with EXPECTING better thats how you get to be leaders in your field. Ask any entrepreneur. Ask TONY.

These 1-0 defeats are seriously, seriously pissing me off. I have seen us get walloped at Gillingham by teams like Macclesfied so dont give all that perspective nonsense but in the words of Slade GIVE US A GOAL. Right now I would take a 3-2 defeat instead of this obligatory PREDICTABLE one nil. As for the Ipswich game that was very laboured and in truth they should have been about three or four up so we dodged a bullett there.

The ONLY thing thatis keeping me going is that I get to see my mates but as for the game itself. MEH.

I'm not currently falling out of love with the Albion, but its not far off. Other than that I agree fully.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Maybe because essentially since March 09 I did every game (incl the WWWWWW) and all of last season Im all "footballed out" I dunno but what I do know is Im not feeling ENTERTAINED.

I believe it was 'WWWWWWWW' actually...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
On the whole yes, but its massively frustrating, as its so obviousl that results wise, it could very easily be so much better.

As others have said, ENTERTAIN us - take the shackles off and really go for it.
This does not have to mean lumping it into the box at every opportunity. It means committing more men forward, passing more quickly, taking players on one-on-one, essentially taking more RISKS.

THIS

I dont care if we have a go the opp catch us on the break or if one of our players like Buckers goes on a mental run loses possession and the other team score.

But like I say the story of Gus championship years is "play not to lose instead of to win"

I really REALLY dont know why he wont go for it. It seems as soon as we suffer a defeat thats it back in our shells for a good month or two.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
some of you lot need to lighten up a bit, this is your 2nd year in the championship, a league that is one of the best and hardest leagues in the world!! it does not get much better than this TBH...what are you lot going to be like when like my team you have been knocking around in this division for the best part of 20 years??

Enjoy the bad times as it makes good times even better.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I enjoy watching football, so regardless of the score I always enjoy watching Albion play.

It can be frustrating, but if I wanted to spend my money on an activity that was enjoyable and not frustrating, it would be coke and debauched hookers not a season ticket.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not enjoying the results right now. But watching some players who are of a standard we could only dream about for the last 20 years in one of the best grounds in the country ... Errmmm, yes, I'll take that. I find it astonishing that anyone wouldn't be happy overall.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Not sure what to say then, would you rather support a team like Bristol City who are scoring loads but conceding even more, but at least you're seeing lots of goals? Can completely understand you're 'footballed out' if you've been to that many games in a row though. I was thoroughly entertained in the first part of the season, but I didn't expect that to last all year and certainly am not going to give up on the side or the philosophy just because we're having a goal drought (despite having plenty of clear cut chances to score, indicating it's individual mistakes rather than the system that's at fault).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Absolutely this. Like you, I don't really care whether we finish 1st, 6th or 15th. As long as we don't go down I'm happy. But I want to be thrilled and entertained for my £27.07 per match. At times, I don't actually mind being 1-0 down at home because you presume that a home team that is behind will launch an absolute BOMBARDMENT on the other team's goal, an ONSLAUGHT until the final whistle. I quite enjoy that and could take losing if that is what actually happened and we were making the opposition cling on. But all this f***ing about in our own half, passing it back to the goalie in injury time when we're behind and Hammond taking six touches when a proper footballer would take one is f***ing me off.

Agree 100% with that

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The pies are terriffic

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not sure what to say then, would you rather support a team like Bristol City who are scoring loads but conceding even more, but at least you're seeing lots of goals? Can completely understand you're 'footballed out' if you've been to that many games in a row though. I was thoroughly entertained in the first part of the season, but I didn't expect that to last all year and certainly am not going to give up on the side or the philosophy just because we're having a goal drought (despite having plenty of clear cut chances to score, indicating it's individual mistakes rather than the system that's at fault).

Yes I would rather support a team like Bristol City as I say ENTERTAINMENT. I dont care like TCB if we finish 1st, 5th or 15th just as long as we dont go down. Spent far too long titting about in L1 & L2

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Only been to Hull and Derby , next one up is Wolves. We're definitely a better side than last season with extra quality , even if the results don't reflect that at this moment in time.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Slow,slow, boring football. it's not the style we play its the speed at which we play it. As someone has already said get the shackles off and go for the jugular, that would create some excitement and maybe a few of those things other teams get...you know..what are they called? we used to get them.. oh it's come to me now...goals

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Feel a bit like this at the moment although 2 or 3 wins on the trot and all that changes quick enough.
Couple more games like the last 3 and I might be offering the odd ticket to people at very desirable rates.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not exactly 'loving it', but enjoying the AMEX experience, and looking forward to every match.

Could do with a victory, but I'm so sure we'll beat Leeds next home match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here