Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you enjoying watching the Albion this season?

Are you enjoying watching the Albion this season?

• Total voters

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Never thought I would miss Withdean but passing the old ground on the H bus makes me sometimes think it was better then, no expectation so anything was a bonus and losing didn't seem to hurt as much then. Now I turn up at Falmer and see a 5 man f***ing defensive midfield line up and every time it has been gash and we won't win, we should have been ripping the shit out of teams like Birmingham and Ipswich not sitting back playing tippy tappy in our own half.

Something is missing and for me it is the entertainment and excitement level that is missing for too many games at home.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I only have to cast my mind back to Priestfield and Withdean to enjoy every minute at the Amex. Even if the on field action has been frustrating lately.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Voted other.

Honestly not sure of my feelings at the moment as feel its not just the Albion but football in general I'm losing my enjoyment of. Love it when I'm there as time I get to spend with good mates and it's been the thing I've spent Saturdays doing with my dad for years now. Problem is I have a young family of my own and my kids aren't really old enough to join me yet. All in all I can't help but find myself feeling that the money and more importantly the time I spend following the Albion I will never get back to spend with the kids and misses and that leaves me, not regretting, but struggling to justify the overall investment required to be a full time fan. Maybe I'm getting old and boring but sometimes being a "plastic" casual fan seems quite appealing as a hobby like this with a demanding work life do take a lot of hours out of the week.

Not there yet but will be interesting to see how I'm feeling in another 12 months time.

Oh and Amex experience is different to Withdean but not always better. Gus and his style of football, however frustrating it can be at times, is the best fun to watch when it goes right!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Slow,slow, boring football. it's not the style we play its the speed at which we play it. As someone has already said get the shackles off and go for the jugular, that would create some excitement and maybe a few of those things other teams get...you know..what are they called? we used to get them.. oh it's come to me now...goals

THIS.

I would be happy to finish mid table as long as I am ENTERTAINED. Football is about goals for me, simple as. Would settle for 3-3 draws and even 4-3 losses just for the entertainment value. Take last year, my fave game at The Amex was the 3-3 draw with Leeds, a game in which we let in an injury time equaliser! I do not pay good money to see us draw blanks, play short corners instead of SWING it in the box, play one up front, never play with two wingers, see us pass backwards and an inability to have a pop. Two bits of football sum up the albion for me at the mo:

V Midds on sat in the 94th minute, Greer goes forward with the ball into their half, stops turns around and looks behind him to pass it backwards.

V Leic last night. A 90th minute corner is passed SHORT in a one-two where possession is then lost.

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Can I just add though that when Gus does attack we are a JOY to watch and the best I have seen in my 28 years of supporting the albion:

0-4 vs Charlton
0-3 Vs Peterboro
1-3 Vs Cardiff
3-0 Vs Sheff Weds

These are some of the most COMPLETE performances I have seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here