Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you Catholic? Do you give a damn that the Pope is coming?

Are you Catholic and do you care about the Papacy visit?

• Catholic and yes I do care

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • Catholic and no I don't

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Non-Catholic and I do

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • Non-Catholic and couldn't give a shit!

Votes: 111 70.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yes..here are some.

4clergysalutinghitler.jpg

reichbishop.jpg

2freidrichcoch.jpg

1bishopludwig.jpg

8stepinacnazipavelic.jpg

15hitlercatholicnuncio.jpg

Shit...only one came out.

And there was me thinking you were giving a valid argument :facepalm:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
And for the record, I personally believe fully (as does contemporary Catholic taeching) that there is no such thing as a "wrong" religion, as followed properly they are all paths to the same destination.

Do you believe that Spaghetti Monsterism has a place in this world then?

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Is Richard Dawkins still trying to have him arrested? I read today that one of his ageing Cardinals is not coming and called the UK a "third world country". I'm sure the UK will be all the poorer for his boycott.

If it was a third world country, Catholocism would be the over ruling religion...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think of the Catholic Church as an outdated, backward-looking institution. The German Cardinal's "Third World" comments combined with the fact he is 77 and not up to making the trip because of ill-health says it all, really...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Say what you want about him but he's certainly got the nation buzzing, wall to wall press and tv coverage and it's been the talk of the office for much of the day.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
This atheist cares that the British taxpayer appears to be fronting £10-12 million for this in addition to policing costs, according to the BBC News yesterday. If that's true, then it's a scandal at a time when council services, charities part-funded by councils and people generally are gearing up for swingeing cuts in public services in the spending review. All to cover the visit of a man who thinks that women have no place in his Church's priesthood, nor even should there be discussion on the matter. Who thinks that even a man infected with HIV should not wear a condom and that even a rape victim, should she be pregnant, has no say in whether or not she has the baby.

So yeah, I care a lot. The Vatican has described this trip as 'good value for money' - for them, I suspect it is. Spectacularly so. How it is for the millions of us who don't share his Church's views or values but are expected to pay for this jolly, I can't quite see how that works out.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Disgusting that in these times when ordinary people are going to feel the squeeze of spending cuts on various services, the taxpayer is funding the bill to pay for a geriatric out of touch bigot leader of a church that is hopelessly out of touch with the real World. The objection to stem cell research & views on contraception are cases in kind. No matter what one's views on the latter, as mentioned, if contraception was practised more in Africa for example, the spread of over population & HIV would be way lower.

The doctrine of the Catholic church is stuck in the middle ages & its followers are ruled by fear.

As for the pervert pedophile priests & the cover ups over the years? Yep, roger a few kids, say a few hail marys at mass & bingo, all is forgiven my son! How much is this current pope implicated in the cover ups over the years? Its been suggested the old fool knows more than he's letting on.

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
"I love the Pope. I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action..." - Bill Hicks

The Pope can piss up his kilt btw.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My point was that I find it slightly bewildering that people who won't complain about funding a monarchy and allowing them (and others) state visits, are so up in arms about this because a) the Queen is apparently appointed by God and that is the only reason she holds her position (which as a religious person I do not believe) and b) even supporters of the monarchy accept that the Queen does not hold the power, and so does not need to make state visits to other countries - whereas, whether you agree or not, the Pope holds a lot of influence in international society.

Rubbish. They both perform state visits for completely different reasons.

The Pope visits countries to spread the word of the Catholic church while the Queen visits to promote Great Britain rather than any doctorine.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm disgusted by this, some old Kraut who has paid no taxes here gets a mobility car as soon as he lands. No wonder the country is skint.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Some of the Fascist leanings of the Church are well documented

Isn't only a Church of England member allowed to be the Monarch of England?

That's a fascist law right there.

How many cameras does your government have on the streets watching its citizens every moves?

Fascist action there.

Pope Pious (or was it "innocent") refusing to condemn the persecution of the Jews by the Nazis?

Pious was awarded the Righteous Among the Nations. You must not know of it. It's the highest award you can receive from the Jewish states.

“All us to ask the great honor of being able to thank personally His Holiness for the generosity he has shown us when we were persecuted during the terrible period of Nazi Fascism.” – Petition of twenty-thousand Jewish refugees from Central Europe to Pius XII, Summer 1945.

So 20,000 Jews put forth a petition on his behalf despite you suggesting he was i'm not sure what to be sure?

The many hundreds of SS war criminals helped out of Europe by sympathetic Catholic priests after the war?

All of our governments let war criminals get on with their lives after the war.

The well documented Hitler Youth membership of Benedict?...everyone had to join...MY ARSE

What the?

Get a clue, they were kids for petre's sake. It's in no way the children's fault. It was all the fault of the Nazi party.

They may as well have a f***ing great swastika hanging on the Vatican IMO.

What a load of shit and an insult to the millions of Catholics who died fighting the Nazis.

It's good for you though that you can re-write your own history of events.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think of the Catholic Church as an outdated, backward-looking institution.

I think you could say that about any religious organisation though. The Catholic Church do leave themselves open to a lot of well deserved criticism it's fair to say of course but once again apart from Buddhism which faith or sect doesn't ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here