Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you calling for McGhee's head ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For the SPACKO'S on the phone-in and with the text messages, and anyone else on here for that matter who wants McGhee out, I have one question for you:

Who do you suggest we bring in ?

Thats assuming that there IS anyone out there who would take on a homeless, penniless team thats bottom of the table. And that we could afford them. Or afford to pay McGhee off. The reality is, we are fortunate to have a manager of Mark McGhee's standing in the game - a well known manager of considerable experience at this level and with a decent track record. Think there's anyone else out there with better credentials who could do better with this same squad of players ?

Thought not.

Get behind the manager and get behind the team for christs sake, cos this season isn't going to get any easier if we start hurling abuse at them.

Tighe11

Nov 15, 2003
Brighton
I agree Mcghee is alright he is working wih very limited resources i think tactically he has made a few mistakes but i still think he can save us from the drop and i dont see why he should be sacked just cause we lost to the leaders of division 1 and got knocked out of a cup we not gonna win. Leave Mcghee be he will sort it out. What is this another paul sturrock case on our hands.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Easy 10 said:
For the SPACKO'S on the phone-in and with the text messages, and anyone else on here for that matter who wants McGhee out, I have one question for you:

Thats assuming that there IS anyone out there who would take on a homeless, penniless team thats bottom of the table. And that we could afford them. Or afford to pay McGhee off. The reality is, we are fortunate to have a manager of Mark McGhee's standing in the game - a well known manager of considerable experience at this level and with a decent track record. Think there's anyone else out there with better credentials who could do better with this same squad of players ?

Thought not.

Get behind the manager and get behind the team for christs sake, cos this season isn't going to get any easier if we start hurling abuse at them.

Well said MM will win through but as he says they need a big striker and the staff are doing everything within their powers to bring one in.

Things will change when Carpenter and Roberts are back.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Easy 10 said:
Are you calling for McGhee's head ?

No but I am calling in on a lady that will do exactly that for a tenner :lolol:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
youd have to be a clown to want Mcghee out, the simple facts are we have a WORSE team than last time and it doesnt look like we have the funds to get anyone else in. You dont hear Mcghee moaning about lack of cash so teh fans should stop getting on his case.

Unfortunately what we have bought in (Currie, Jarrett, Molango) are well below the standard required for this division and others, (Butters, Oatway, Virgo, Harding, Hinshelwood, Jones, Hart) are either just not good enough or dont have the experiance.

Id be interested to hear what all the super positive people who thought we were better off this time (Yorkie and CTS to mention 2) think now about claims we have a better squad, what a laugh!

At the end of the day if we lose to Preston we are in serious poop, that is a massive 6 pointer for us now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dan's right. At this level, we're shit, end of. You could put Sir Alex Taggart in charge and we'd be no better off.

Anyone calling for McGhee to be sacked 5 games into the season after he was responsible for getting us promoted ahead of teams with proper facilities is a thick gimp and it's not worth getting wound up by these people whinging.

kirsty952002

Oct 4, 2003
Eastbourne
I want him to buck up his ideas, but if he did go I wouldnt mind Danny Wilson, cause I thought he was a bit hard done to at Bristol bieng sacked over a penalty!!!!!!!!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's still early days.

Let's get all our first teamers back before we judge the guy!

Albion Dan said:
Id be interested to hear what all the super positive people who thought we were better off this time (Yorkie and CTS to mention 2) think now about claims we have a better squad, what a laugh!

What is a laugh is you comparing our current injury-ravaged squad to ANYTHING.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Exactly LI

We have got at least 6 of our squad out injured which is half a team.

For crying out loud it is still August. Give the team and the manager a chance.

It is a long season. I remember the day we beat Burnley 3-1 Mark McGhee was manager of Millwall. They got spanked by Rotherham 6-0 !!
Millwall survived that season and we didn't. McGhee knows how to turn round a bad start.

Super optimist I maybe but I am not a quitter or a moaner.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I can see the advert going in the Argus now

"Wanted, one football manager, must be able to polish a turd, turn lead into gold and manage with one hand tied behind his back due to no money, stadium or scouting facilities.

Fickle whining fans under the illusion that we are a big club and turn on players after 20 minutes thrown in for free"

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Albion Dan said:

Unfortunately what we have bought in (Currie, Jarrett, Molango) are well below the standard required for this division and others, (Butters, Oatway, Virgo, Harding, Hinshelwood, Jones, Hart) are either just not good enough or dont have the experiance.

Virgo, Harding and Hinshshelwood are young and will get better in time. The same goes for Molango (who I still think can be a good striker with better service). Currie and Jarrett are excellent signings IMHO. Last night Currie's crossing was superb.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The problem is that it's the fickle, whining fans that the club needs whilst we are still at Withdean to keep the club ticking over financially. They will be needed even more when Falmer is built.

The club won't survive on a hard core of 5000 of which possibly only half of those only bought season tickets to guarantee getting a seat.

DK will have to bear this in mind if the losing streak goes on because if we are certain to go down you can bet your bottom dollar that ticket renewals and attendances will be worse than last time in the lower division. He was lucky last time around because we were always in with a chance of staying up right until the death.

At this rate he'll have to issue ticket renewal notices at Christmas.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Agreed Easy.

However the manager and players need to know that for people who paid 477 pounds there is a certain level of performance and effort they expect.

We cannot just cheer blindly if we drop below that level which certainly happened last night.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
The effort was there last night, we were just shit which happens sometimes. I'd much rather lose this one than Preston (though of course we may well lose both)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Albion Dan said:

If you look at the team that was playing in this division at this time last time round and the team we have out there now I think we do have a better team. We've just had a shocking start to life again. We had not signed Sidwell of Ingimarsson yet.

Of course I may be proved wrong and we could go on to do even worse this season than we did last but I cannot see that happening. A couple of loanees and we'll be a decent side.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
We have got at least 6 of our squad out injured which is half a team.

Oatway
Chippy
Rodger
Blackwell
Roberts

thats five I can think of!

Anyway I dont want McGhee out, glad I did'nt listen to the phone in as I would've gone mad and rung in myself and blasted the simple idiots who are calling for his head. We DID NOT deserve to get promoted in the first place, we played crap in the play-offs and skanked our way through, this seasonwas always gonna be tough but I've had the faith that we would stay up...just and I still believe we can do that.
OK so last nights game is worrying but these things happen in football, i'd much rather loose in the league cup than in the league itself, McGhee just needs to get the players focsed for saturday and say "play for the full 90 like you did for the first 20 of the Rovers game" then we will be fine.

On the subject of new players, I say a big hitman upfront and an Ingimarsson like central defender. Cullip has had a poor start and Butters will get knackered and is too slow for Div1 IMO.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Easy 10 said:

Thought not.

:clap2:

Top thread and posting!!

:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here