Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are You Bothered About Diana

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
10 years on do you think there should still be this mourning for her?

The Princes want to 'protect her memory' so are having ANOTHER memorial service

My sister died a couple of years ago aged 32 but I don't feel the need to 'publically mourn her' my memories are with me in my mind

All seems really over the top as usual

Yes I know she did a great deal but is there really the need for this AGAIN

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No, in no way did it effect my life 10 years ago

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
about as bothered about her as i am about the price of tomato ketchup in peru.

ten years ago we lived in egypt and i am pleased that we missed out all the national blubbing and wailing and whatever went on. didn't all the shops close for her funeral or something?

its sad she died and left those two boys with no mother, and i am sorry for them but i couldn't care less about what hymn is being played at a service nor who is attending.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I personally don't commemorate any dead at all. My mother has been dead about 15 years, my father about 8 years. I have never been back to their grave since the day they were burried. Why anyone does I don't know. Yes, of course I miss them and I have my moments of terrible sadness, but they're gone, they're not coming back, why wallow in pity? Maybe harsh, but thats my opinion.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I thought what happened ten years ago was seriously weird. I worked with a woman who had met Diana on one of her charity trips. She couldn't stand her.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
2 hours of memorial service on BBC

so there's no Bargain Hunt :angry:

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
My 11 yr old summed it up quite nicely

"She's Dead, Get over it"

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I personally don't commemorate any dead at all. My mother has been dead about 15 years, my father about 8 years. I have never been back to their grave since the day they were burried. Why anyone does I don't know. Yes, of course I miss them and I have my moments of terrible sadness, but they're gone, they're not coming back, why wallow in pity? Maybe harsh, but thats my opinion.

I agree with you. I lost my first wife 20 years ago. Grief is a private matter and you have to move on. Its not harsh at all

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Its all very OTT now.

As indeed it was ten years ago. I found it all, and still do, rather distasteful. The woman was a media whore, and not as important in the general scheme of things as people think.

Yep, it was sad that she died (because she wasn't wearing a seat-belt), but the time for mourning was then, not now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nope and it is only because a certain Egyptian shop keeper bangs on about this we are not allowed to forget

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
News of Diana dying.

First though, "Ooh, wonder if my exam'll get cancelled in the mass outpouring of grief.

Second thought, "Blimey, Diana's dead!"

To answer the question, no I could give two shits. Sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here