• Yes - it's quick and easy. I and out bish bash bosh

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Sometimes - it really depends on my mood and amount of shopping

Votes: 20 39.2%

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Carrying on from the very popular 'When shopping...' thread I thought I would survey North Stand Chat to see what proportion of North Stand Chatters go throguh the self checkout. Now I flat refused to use these at first because I thought that instead of having these inventions they should just employ more checkout people to enuse less queues for all. However in the last few weeks my opinion has changed and now when I've got just a few bits I'll always go to the self checkout if they aren't looking too busy and there are queues at the normal checkouts. It seems to be quicker and you're normally in and out of the supermarket without having to talk to anyone, which is a massive bonus in the mornings especially.

So, NSC, do YOU use the self checkouts?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I thought you were talking more about looking in the mirror and admiring your own body, but this makes much more sense.

I always use the self checkout, and give the machine a 10 when only buying something for 50p or so, I always feel a bit rude taking all the change from someones till.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
self-check-out.jpg

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
They have the ability now to scan a trolley full of stuff in one go. The only problem is that it would require compainies to insert a chip into their packaging.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Everytime, still amuses me, and I like to try and locate items without typing in the item, Sweet potatoes were under P and not S.

I get very iritated by 'remove item from bagging area' and if you have to type in bar code. The Sainsburys at New England does not have one, which often makes me think people are more honest around Lewes Road. As for the Waitrose self scan, I have no idea how they work.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I hate that you always have to put the item in the bagging area before scanning the next one. What if I don't want it in the bag? What if I'm using a different bag (my own, incidentally is a lovely reusable 'net' bag that holds FUCKLOADS and never breaks, so I'm doing my bit) and don't want to take a plastic one from their odd dispenser thing? The Asda ones work much better than Sainsbury's, having said that.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Used one once, and the geezer in front forgot his change, i shouted "oi mate" and the islington indie boy turned round and glared at me as if i had just stood in dog poop ..............so ........i said "Oh sorry mate i thought you were someone else " and yes kept it £8.12p

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I quite often use the M&S "self checkout", I put it in quotation marks because I find that more often than not it asks me to swipe my card and then I have to wait for the assistant to come over and get me to sign instead of entering my pin which kind of defeats the whole purpose. Apparently it's a random security check but I don't think I've ever spent more than £5 in one go so I'm hardly going to be commiting credit card fraud.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Voted no.

THPP draws a line in the sand at Self Check-IN at airports. Self check-OUT at supermarkets is just wrong. And yes, I did pack these bags myself.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Yes I used them whenever, Much easier and quicker.

And for the person who was asking yes there everywhere, In fact asda marina had 4 and now have 10! So they must be popular.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here