• Yes - it's quick and easy. I and out bish bash bosh

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Sometimes - it really depends on my mood and amount of shopping

Votes: 20 39.2%

• Total voters

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Yes as they are usually much quicker - out of curiosity alone I "forgot" to swipe a few items to see if they will rumble you. Easy.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Am I cheeky for putting thru different types of the same veg for cheaper price. :(

Usually if you forget to swipe the machine goes NUTS!!! if you bag it. How do you low life thieving scum get past this? :p

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
No idea what self bagging is unless I'm missing the innuendo here.

Waitrose self scan - scan the bar codes as you go round then roll up and pay - nothing else to do. Dead easy and very very useful around Christmas.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Yes I used them whenever, Much easier and quicker.

And for the person who was asking yes there everywhere, In fact asda marina had 4 and now have 10! So they must be popular.[/QUOTE]

Popular with shoppers who find them quicker, or popular with the supermarkets who can get rid of check-out staff, and use the wages saved to pay the chief executive an even bigger bonus?

My local Sainsbury's has axed half of its old check-outs in favour of self-check-outs, but as a lot of customers don't like using them (and don't trust them), there are now even longer queues at the 'manned' checkouts.

Progress? I'm not convinced.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Popular with shoppers who find them quicker, or popular with the supermarkets who can get rid of check-out staff, and use the wages saved to pay the chief executive an even bigger bonus?

My local Sainsbury's has axed half of its old check-outs in favour of self-check-outs, but as a lot of customers don't like using them (and don't trust them), there are now even longer queues at the 'manned' checkouts.

Progress? I'm not convinced.

Quite - do i have a discount for for serving myself ? No..
As said, it's a con to save manpower. :rant:

Oct 25, 2003
yeah

yeah, sometimes i do......i finds its wells easys is dos

what's it to YOU chappers? eh? what business is it of yours you NOSEY PARKER?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here