Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a myopic Albion fan?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or can you see the fouls, infringements, etc, from both sides.

I feel I can watch a game and see it for what it is, most of the time.
But the fella and his son, in front of me, find it physically impossible to watch a match without blaming the opposition for everything, whilst The Albion are always the victims.

I can't quite see where the enjoyment comes from, as he (they) are so blinkered the actual game must past them by, in a blur of screaming, lino lino, lino.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

But the fella and his son, in front of me, find it physically impossible to watch a match without blaming the opposition for everything, whilst The Albion are always the victims.

I can't quite see where the enjoyment comes from, as he (they) are so blinkered the actual game must past them by, in a blur of screaming, lino lino, lino.

If it wasn't spotty teenagers sat behind me I'd have said I was sat in front of you :D

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

Know exactly what you mean, I think a lot of fans will find there is someone similar near them. There are times when I may be blinkered but try not to be most of the time.

Amexican

May 21, 2011
Its because the majority of the population, Albion fans included are spacktards.

I think that might just be the people you know..

The people around where i sit all debate every decision..e.g a dubious throw-in, corner vs goal-kick etc etc...and we come to a common opinion ...then we all shout together....REF/LINO (delete as appropriate) YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I am myopic.

Only in one eye though, and I get round the problem by wearing a contact lens in that eye, so I can see as well as anyone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The people around where i sit all debate every decision..e.g a dubious throw-in, corner vs goal-kick etc etc...and we come to a common opinion
We are nearly there.
Matey is down the end of the row, and the best example is the dubious 'cleared off the line' we had, a few weeks ago.

I asked my neighbour (heading towards the goal line, in question) what he thought.
As the discussion went down the line, the person behind our friend was adamant we were lucky, and it was in.
Matey then turned round and said it was at least a yard in front of the line!

We all had a laugh at that.

He seems like a descent bloke and obviously his passion for the club can't be faulted, but we do foul too!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
myopic, is that a biopic but just for me? :dunce:

I try my best to stay neutral when it comes to fouls etc, but it is very easy to get caught up in the atmosphere and just shout REF! or LINO! at absolutely anything.

after all, it could sway their decision ???

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Little of both. Will often shout "Ref!" almost reflexively, but after a moments reflection it becomes clear whether it was fair or not.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I think I've mellowed with age - used to see everything through blue & white tinteds.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I can see both sides fouls, it's just I complain at those given against us and laugh at the ones we give away.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I am biased but can see what both sides are dishing out. Can also appreciate when the other team is outplaying us with their own tactics in a game (Middlesbrough away) and know when we've got away with things the ref and linos have missed or ignored (El Abd clattering into McCormack at Leeds)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
El Abd is yet to commit a foul.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
If you are properly myopic (and i am -7 in both eyes) you won't even see the players of EITHER side, just blurry shapes moving on agreen background wthout the addition ofthese fine fashion items

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I see everything in a rational and unbiased way except when we are losing with 5 mins to go when I'm as biased as the rest of you :lol:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If one of our/their players gets fouled, and the ref doesn't/does give a freekick/pen, I will protest this but then moments later I'll say "To be fair that was definitely wasn't/was a foul"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here